Dublin has many famous landmarks, but one that should be more famous is the “Hungry Tree,” which is slowly digesting a park bench. In the grounds of the King’s Inns, the training ground of centuries of Irish lawyers and barristers, stands a vast London Plane tree of unknown age. Although listed as one of Ireland’s Heritage Trees by the Tree Council of Ireland, but its real claim to fame is the park bench it’s been slowly swallowing up over time. Continue reading »
In this photo provided by the Indian Ministry of Defense shows a Seaking helicopter from the Indian Navy hovering over of the sinking ship MV Rak Carrier off the coast of Mumbai on August 4, 2011. The Panama-flagged MV Rak Carrier, a 220-meter (722-feet) long vessel transporting 60,000 tonnes of coal from Indonesia to India, sank off the coast of Mumbai after its 30-strong crew were rescued when it began taking on water in stormy seas. The MV Rak Carrier went down about 22 nautical miles from India’s financial and entertainment capital, just hours after it made an emergency distress call. (MINISTRY OF DEFENCE/AFP/Getty Images) Click image to zoom.
- There Is A Subway Lower Than Hell: The Superb Dark And Sinister Artworks By Vergvoktre
- Historical Photos Of The 1918 Spanish Flu That Show What A Global Pandemic Looked Like In The 1910s
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- The Japanese Mini Truck Garden Contest Is A Whole New Genre In Landscaping
- Bored Sitting At Home? Try To Find A Cat In Each Picture!
- Photographer Anto Magzan Captured The Aftermath Of The Strong Earthquake In Zagreb
- Matchbox Art Of Drunk Cats
- Ex-Apple Mechanical Engineers Designed DIY Surgical Mask Brace
- Australians Who Leave House Only To Take Out Trash Have Started Dressing In Costumes To Do it
- Majestic Natural Landscape Photography By Alexandros Malapetsas