Photo of the Day: Entire Crew of Sinking Ship Rescued from Peril at Sea
In this photo provided by the Indian Ministry of Defense shows a Seaking helicopter from the Indian Navy hovering over of the sinking ship MV Rak Carrier off the coast of Mumbai on August 4, 2011. The Panama-flagged MV Rak Carrier, a 220-meter (722-feet) long vessel transporting 60,000 tonnes of coal from Indonesia to India, sank off the coast of Mumbai after its 30-strong crew were rescued when it began taking on water in stormy seas. The MV Rak Carrier went down about 22 nautical miles from India’s financial and entertainment capital, just hours after it made an emergency distress call. (MINISTRY OF DEFENCE/AFP/Getty Images) Click image to zoom.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful Photos of the Lincoln Continental Mark V
- This Brilliant Dad Shoots Classic Pictures Of His Daughter Inspired From Old Oil-Paintings
- Spectacular Winning Photos of The Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2021
- These Realistic Animal Paintings Show How We Neglect Them
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Portraits of Swiss “Halbstarken” Girls With Very Big Hair in the 1950s and 1960s
- Finally, The 2022 Fat Cat Art Calendar Is Here!
- Painfully True Facts About Our Lives
- Richard Saunders Creates Giant Bushes In The Shape Of His Deceased Cat
- Artist Sums Up Our Everyday Lives In These Humorous One-Panel Comics