Latin American Architecture Firm Gómez Platero Has Unveiled a Design for A Circular Monument in Uruguay to Remember Coronavirus Victims
The proposed World Memorial to the Pandemic is a large sculpture designed to be installed on water off the coast of Uruguay.
Designed by Gómez Platero, it is intended to offer visitors a sensorial experience and safe place to reflect and remember victims of Covid-19. If built, it will be the first large-scale memorial to do so, according to the studio. Continue reading »
Did you know that some horses can grow a mustache? More common in certain breeds such than others, it can occur to any horse that carries the right gene, male or female. The internet seems to be divided in their opinions regarding the mustachioed mares. Continue reading »
According to photographer Andy Yeung: “I drew inspiration from the anime Ghost in the shell (1995), in which Hong Kong was a model in terms of street scenes and general atmosphere. In the movie, Kai Tak Airport was in full operation. But in reality, it it’s no longer existed – it was shut down in 1998. Hong Kong is a fast-changing city. The old is being replaced by the new. So I intend to capture the old Hong Kong before it’s gone forever. I hope I can get people to take notice of the beauty of old Hong Kong and try to preserve the old by creating the images from my perspective.” Continue reading »
According to Portuguese artist Alberto Achega Leitão: “I found some lost photographs taken by my father. After I saw these images, I started remembering old times and old friends. However, I did not remember everyone. So I decided to draw over those I do not remember very well. The less detailed a person is, the less I remember that person.” Continue reading »
Nicole Kidman in editorial “A Day to Remember” for Vogue Germany, August 2013. Photographer: Bruce Weber. Continue reading »
Where were you on November 4th, 2008?
The site, rememberhope.com, invites people to share their memories of election night, November 2nd, 2008. Everyone who wishes to can post a video, a photo, or write a few words about what they saw or heard, how they felt, etc. The idea is to create a visual documentary of that night through the eyes of people that participated.
- Seriously, 2022 Social Justice Kittens Calendar Is Here!
- This Brilliant Dad Shoots Classic Pictures Of His Daughter Inspired From Old Oil-Paintings
- Breathtaking Winning Images of The 2021 Drone Photo Awards
- Grotesque, Occult, and Bizarre Images by William Mortensen, the Forgotten Hollywood Photographer
- An Animal Shelter Dressed Dogs in Human Clothes to Help Them Find Homes
- Parodies of “Deep” Melodramatic Instagram Captions
- Breathtaking Photos Of Isolated Tribes From All Around The World
- Campaign for National Parks Photography Competition 2021
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers