Abandoned buildings are quite common in cities. They sit there having no use to them and usually are not that appealing to the eye. In the city of Arkansas (USA), there is one building like that – a gas station. It’s located at the main intersection of Grand Avenue and 11th Street, long abandoned and not working, but soon to become the most colorful and fun building in the area. Continue reading »
Stunning Images From The UK Wildscreen Festival 2016, The Internationally Renowned Festival That Celebrates And Advances The Art Of Natural World Storytelling
The Wildscreen festival is the world’s biggest celebration of screen-based natural history storytelling which takes place every two years in Bristol.
“At this recognisable landmark in front of the Clifton suspension bridge I found a secluded spot where teenagers like to hang out and local foxes would come to look for leftovers. One night, I was setting up my camera in the early evening and a fox came out of the shadows. It came straight over, looked up at me, then proceeded to try and pinch something from my open camera bag. After that, it walked up this small ridge and I saw the picture I wanted to capture. It took about two weeks of long, cold nights before it looked up at just the right moment”. (Photo by Sam Hobson/Wildscreen 2016) Continue reading »
Normally, a lot of careful planning goes into getting a tattoo. Or, at the very least, people looking to get a tattoo become familiar with their design of choice. Tattoo artist Scott Campbell, however, has added an element of surprise to this process with his performance project called Whole Glory. Unlike the typical client/artist relationship, complete strangers slid their arms into a hole with no knowledge of what Campbell would draw, and no say in the matter, either. Continue reading »
- Unexpected Coincidences On The Streets Of New York That This Russian Photographer Managed To Capture On Camera
- Finally, The 2022 Chicken Daddies Calendar Is Here!
- A Beautiful Photo Series of the 1960 Ford Galaxie
- The Superb Quirky Illustrations by Alex Kiesling
- Thought-Provoking Illustrations by Andrey Kasay
- “Forced Induction”: The Superb 3D Artworks of Luk
- This Artist Makes Illustrations That Talk About Modern Life With Social Commentary
- Simon Lee’s Superb Sculptures of Hellish Monsters from the Underworld
- Bizarre and Grotesque Illustrations by Alex Gamsu Jenkins
- Psychedelic Portraits by Erwin Kruz