Andy Lee’s roads series features picturesque routes running through the likes of Iceland, Wales, England and Scotland. The photographer, 46, began taking pictures for this series in 2013. And since then Andy, from Stackpole, Pembrokeshire, has been travelling the world for the most stunning drives. In searching for the ideal road he often drives miles upon miles in order to find a suitable, remote area. Here: moon sky over Hvammstangi, Iceland. Continue reading »
Sometimes you have to look at things differently to appreciate them.
Like the imperfection of our Belgian roads. For some a daily source of irritation, for others one of inspiration and raw beauty. It depends on what perspective you look at it from. Or which car should you drive. Continue reading »
“Infinite Road To Transylvania”: The Aerial Radiography Of The Roads That Lead You To And Within Transylvania
The aerial radiography of the roads that lead you to and within Transylvania. Yes, THAT Transylvania! Or, as the legend says: this is the view that Count Dracula sees on his nocturnal flights! Captured by Călin, a photographer living in Romania, in Eastern Europe. Continue reading »
James Dean, Grace Kelly, Marc Bolan, Albert Camus… Christophe Rihet photographs the roads where famous people died, shooting at dawn or dusk to bring a sense of calm. Captions by Camille Riquier.
When James Dean, at the wheel of his Porsche, notices a car in the distance, he reassures his passenger: ‘He has seen us, he will stop.’ But the driver of the Ford Tudor hasn’t seen anything, because his vehicle is very high. Dean cannot avoid the collision. His passenger survives, but Dean’s feet are stuck under the pedals and his neck is broken upon impact. Continue reading »
The village Giethoorn, in the Netherlands, is famous for its most unique feature — you won’t find any cars or buses, or indeed any kind of modern transportation here at all. This idyllic small town, once known as the ’Venice of the Netherlands’, has no roads, only canals. Thus travelling by boat is the main way to get around the village and the surrounding rustic area, with its unique atmosphere of silence, relaxation and comfort. Filled with peace, Giethoorn lives its own unhurried life. Continue reading »
The Civic Musical Road in Lancaster, California. Photo credit: roadtrippers
A Japanese engineer by the name of Shizuo Shinoda was digging with a bulldozer when he accidentally scraped some markings into a road with its claw. Later when he drove over the markings he realized that the vibration produced in his car can be heard as a tune. In 2007, a team of engineers from the Hokkaido Industrial Research Institute refined Shinoda’s designs and built a number of “melody roads” in Japan. Continue reading »
Hate the rain? What if it transformed a dull street into a river bursting with colorful fish?
A group of designers from South Korea teamed up with Pantone to bring life to the gloomy, rainy streets of Seoul by creating huge street paintings that only appear when it rains.
Continue reading »
To celebrate their partnership with the prestigious Teatro alla Scala opera house in Milan, BMW came up with a wonderful three-ad campaign that shows a bird’s-eye view of a road that looks like a guitar, a violin and a mandolin. Continue reading »
Farmers herd a flock of ducks along a street towards a pond as residents drive next to them in Taizhou, Zhejiang province, June 17, 2012. (Photo by Reuters/China Daily)
Continue reading »
- Photoshop Master Showed Why We Should Not Believe Photos In Social Networks
- A Finnish Factory Worker Dies, Leaving Behind A Wonderland Sculpture Garden
- Artist Shows How Cartoon Characters Would Look In Real Life, And The Result Is Scary And Disturbing
- Incredible Photos Of Two Roman Ships Which Were Recovered After 2,000 Years In 1929 And Lost Again During WWII
- Bizarre Paintings Of Mecha Robots And Werewolves Attacking East European Peasants Of The Early 20th Century
- Russian Lara Croft Cosplayer Ended Up In A Grip Of A Massive Bear
- This Artist Draws Comics To Blow Off Some Steam During The Coronavirus Pandemic
- Photographer Captures Side-By-Side Portraits Of Famous Historical Figures And Their Direct Descendants
- Vintage Portraits Of Psychiatric Patients In The Late 19th Century
- From Amazing To Downright Scary, These 69 Design Decisions In Soviet Apartment Buildings In Lithuania Are Far From Boring