“Life Is Too Short To Be Unhappy”: Dublin Student Beat Depression By Befriending Sharks, Stingrays And Pigs In The Bahamas
Awesome underwater pictures show the 23-year-old diver cosying up to a range of animals including turtles, stingray and sharks. The sunny selfies were taken in the Bahamas by Stuart’s Cove dive instructor and native of the island, Amelia Klonaris – who beat depression by embracing her incredible beach paradise lifestyle. Continue reading »
With a piece in which a white car towing a trailer emerges from a long imaginary journey to the center of the earth out of the floor of the central octagon in Galleria Vittorio Emanuele, Michael Elmgreen & Ingar Dragset make a unique incursion into the daily life of Milan and its history, reinterpreting one of the city’s iconic landmarks.
A metaphor for global tourism, but also a symbol for the precarious nature of today’s world, the installation Short Cut (2003) describes a universe in movement that travels along endless, unpredictable paths towards fanciful destinations. For their first public project in Italy, the two artists also chose to tackle local stereotypes: the car is a run-of-the-mill white Fiat Uno with Naples plates, and on the dash one can see a map of Rimini.
Mixed media, Fiat Uno, camper trailer, about 250 x 850 x 300 cm
Commissioned and produced by Fondazione Nicola Trussardi
Collection Museum of Contemporary Art, Chicago
Photo Fondazione Nicola Trussardi
Continue reading »
Tennis star Maria Sharapova showed off a new, short haircut on her Facebook page on Monday night. Maria, who is engaged to basketball player Sasha Vujacic, showed off the short ‘do to more than seven million Facebook fans. She is usually seen playing tennis with a long ponytail, but in the future will be showing off the more stylish look.
She posted the picture with the caption, “So what do you guys think? I kind of love it!” It seems that her fans agreed. The Facebook photo got more than 14,000 likes and 3,700 comments, as well as 492 shares as of Tuesday afternoon. Continue reading »
- What Your Sleeping Positions Say About Your Relationships
- Kids Make The Best Protest Signs
- We Regret To Inform You That Lace Men’s Shorts Are Here For The Summer
- This Woman Makes Offensive Teacups To Insult Your Guests With Class
- Swedish Artist Simon Stålenhag Creates A Series Of Art Works For The New H&M Advertising Campaign
- Serbian Photographer Brings Slavic Goddesses Vesna And Lada Back From Ancient History To Life
- The Vintage Beauty Of Soviet Control Rooms
- This Artist’s Disney Paintings Look Better Than Disney Movies Themselves
- “The Empire Against The Crisis”: Darth Vader Forced To Do Odd Jobs
- Science Fiction & Fantasy Costume Contestants Posing At The 24th World Science Fiction Convention In Cleveland, 1966