“Life Is Too Short To Be Unhappy”: Dublin Student Beat Depression By Befriending Sharks, Stingrays And Pigs In The Bahamas
Awesome underwater pictures show the 23-year-old diver cosying up to a range of animals including turtles, stingray and sharks. The sunny selfies were taken in the Bahamas by Stuart’s Cove dive instructor and native of the island, Amelia Klonaris – who beat depression by embracing her incredible beach paradise lifestyle. Continue reading »
With a piece in which a white car towing a trailer emerges from a long imaginary journey to the center of the earth out of the floor of the central octagon in Galleria Vittorio Emanuele, Michael Elmgreen & Ingar Dragset make a unique incursion into the daily life of Milan and its history, reinterpreting one of the city’s iconic landmarks.
A metaphor for global tourism, but also a symbol for the precarious nature of today’s world, the installation Short Cut (2003) describes a universe in movement that travels along endless, unpredictable paths towards fanciful destinations. For their first public project in Italy, the two artists also chose to tackle local stereotypes: the car is a run-of-the-mill white Fiat Uno with Naples plates, and on the dash one can see a map of Rimini.
Mixed media, Fiat Uno, camper trailer, about 250 x 850 x 300 cm
Commissioned and produced by Fondazione Nicola Trussardi
Collection Museum of Contemporary Art, Chicago
Photo Fondazione Nicola Trussardi
Continue reading »
Tennis star Maria Sharapova showed off a new, short haircut on her Facebook page on Monday night. Maria, who is engaged to basketball player Sasha Vujacic, showed off the short ‘do to more than seven million Facebook fans. She is usually seen playing tennis with a long ponytail, but in the future will be showing off the more stylish look.
She posted the picture with the caption, “So what do you guys think? I kind of love it!” It seems that her fans agreed. The Facebook photo got more than 14,000 likes and 3,700 comments, as well as 492 shares as of Tuesday afternoon. Continue reading »
- 20 Punk Bands Of The 1980s You’ve Never Heard Of
- Wasteland Weekend 2019: Crazy Faces, Costumes And Vehicles Of The World’s Biggest Post-Apocalyptic Desert Festival
- This Mind-Numbing Machine By Blake Fall-Conroy Lets You Experience Making The Minimum Wage
- Last Breath: Amazing Dark Horror, Bizarre And Nightmare Paintings By Oleg Vdovenko
- Hot Australian Firefighters Pose With Animals For The New 2020 Calendars
- Artist Redesigned Famous Logos, Printed Them Out And Repackaged Them In A Way That Will Mess With Your Head … In A Good Way
- Spectacular Winning Photos From The Wildlife Photographer Of The Year 2019
- People From Around The World Edited These Man And Woman Headshots To Look Trendy In Their Country
- In Girls We Trust: The Superb Bic Pen Illustrations By Helena Hauss
- These Pics Are Composed Of As Many Pixels As There Are Animals Still Alive In These Species