Photographers Terence Donovan and Brian Duffy, well known for their catchy portraits of models, musicians and actors, shape our image of the Swinging Sixties, are as widely known as the stars and socialites they shot, and perhaps just as infamous as well.
These were self-made boys from the poor East End of London. Donovan excels with his fashion photography, narrating series and moving portraits of female and male models. Duffy shot iconic photographs of famous models and personalities like Grace Coddington, Jane Birkin, Mick Jagger and Michael Caine. Continue reading »
The Sixties were a time of social upheaval and calls for change in the US and much of the Western world.
To celebrate the grassroots countercultural movements of the 1960s, we’ve hand picked some of our favorite protest signs from this decade. To mix things up, we felt we had to throw throw in a couple of very reactionary signs as well. We think these conservative views illustrate some of the mainstream thinking a lot of progressive people felt so fed up about, to the point where drugs and loud music became a perfectly reasonable responses. Continue reading »
Hollywood actress Nicole Kidman reveals she has been known to be the party girl of all party girls while filming her Brigitte Bardot inspired Cruise 2014 campaign for Jimmy Choo. Continue reading »
- Grotesque, Occult, and Bizarre Images by William Mortensen, the Forgotten Hollywood Photographer
- This South Korean Artist’s Structural Drawings Will Help You Improve Your Drawing Skills
- This Artist Shows What Everything Would Look Like If It Had A Cat’s Face
- Artist Hides Clever And Funny Signs Around His City For People To Find
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Seriously, 2022 Social Justice Kittens Calendar Is Here!
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Someone Found An Old Photo Album Full Of Pics Of This Woman And Hollywood Celebrities In A Thrift Shop
- This Artist Started Micro Crocheting As An Experiment, And Now She Creates Tiny Animals And Plants Using Needle And Thread
- Stunning Vintage Black-and-White Photos of Edwin Smith