Photographers Terence Donovan and Brian Duffy, well known for their catchy portraits of models, musicians and actors, shape our image of the Swinging Sixties, are as widely known as the stars and socialites they shot, and perhaps just as infamous as well.
These were self-made boys from the poor East End of London. Donovan excels with his fashion photography, narrating series and moving portraits of female and male models. Duffy shot iconic photographs of famous models and personalities like Grace Coddington, Jane Birkin, Mick Jagger and Michael Caine. Continue reading »
The Sixties were a time of social upheaval and calls for change in the US and much of the Western world.
To celebrate the grassroots countercultural movements of the 1960s, we’ve hand picked some of our favorite protest signs from this decade. To mix things up, we felt we had to throw throw in a couple of very reactionary signs as well. We think these conservative views illustrate some of the mainstream thinking a lot of progressive people felt so fed up about, to the point where drugs and loud music became a perfectly reasonable responses. Continue reading »
Hollywood actress Nicole Kidman reveals she has been known to be the party girl of all party girls while filming her Brigitte Bardot inspired Cruise 2014 campaign for Jimmy Choo. Continue reading »
- Aerial Photographer Created A Miniature Utopian Village And It Took Him 2 Years To Finish
- Beautiful ’60s Fashion Photography by Henry Clarke
- “Unpopular Culture”: Artist ‘Uncovers’ The Disturbing Behind-The-Scenes Of Popular Characters
- Wasteland Weekend 2019: Crazy Faces, Costumes And Vehicles Of The World’s Biggest Post-Apocalyptic Desert Festival
- Artist Turns Generic Figurines into Ultra-Realistic Sculptures of Anime Characters
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- “Do You Look Like Your Cat?” A Memory Game: Match The Cats with Their Humans!
- “City Life”: The Superb Contemporary Oil Paintings of Vincent Giarrano
- Abandoned As A Baby Due To Albinism, Xueli Grew Up To Become A Vogue Model