Julia Riordan is a creator/street-artist who discovered her passion for crochet and knitting at the age of 10. Since that time she has continually explored the field of knitwear, enjoyed seeing it become her passion, and now the real thing. In 2012 Julia launched her own knitwear label, Julia Rio, specializing in unique, colorful beanies. Continue reading »
Beneath the Swedish capital lies an intricate web of underground train lines. More than 90 of the 100 stations in the 110km tunnel system, sometimes referred to as “the world’s longest art gallery”, have been decorated with paintings, installations, mosaics and sculptures by 150 artists since the 1950s. After spending a couple of weeks exploring arctic Norway and Sweden, London-based travel photographer Conor MacNeill headed underground to capture images of the metro stations.
Painted blue vines climbing up a white cave in the T-Centralen station. (Photo by Conor MacNeill/The Observer) Continue reading »
In connection with the establishment of a new Vittra school in Stockholm, Telefonplan, Rosan Bosch has created the school’s interior with spatial divisions and significant custom design. The interior takes it point of departure in Vittra’s pedagogical principles and serves as a pedagogical tool for development in the everyday of the school. Instead of classical divisions with chairs and tables, a giant iceberg for example serves as cinema, platform and room for relaxation, and sets the frame for many different types of learning. Continue reading »
The streets of Stockholm, Sweden saw more crashes than usual over the weekend, as a variety of unusual vehicles met their untimely demise. But it was all in fun, as competitors raced their homemade, freestyle designed non-motorized vehicles down a slope in the Soedermalm area of the city in the Stockholm Red Bull Soapbox Race.
Team “Sveriges Laengsta” crashes its homemade vehicle during the Stockholm Red Bull Soapbox race. (Jonathan Nackstrand/AFP/Getty Images) Continue reading »
- Bublik – Circular Apartment Building In Moscow Is The Pinnacle Of Brutalism
- Photographer Captures The Mystical Beauty of Czech Forests
- 25 Redesigns Of Famous Logos And Some Of Them Are Better Than The Original
- “Tears in the Rain”: The Superb Digital Sci-Fi Concept Artworks by Daniel Liang
- This Illustrator Draws Everyday Situations That Are So Familiar It’s Like Looking in the Mirror
- Brazilian Artist Draws Realistic Portraits that Look Like Photographs
- “Captivate!”: Fashionable 90s in Amazing Nostalgic Photos
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- This Artist Started Micro Crocheting As An Experiment, And Now She Creates Tiny Animals And Plants Using Needle And Thread
- These Handmade 3D Cookie Frostings Will Blow Your Mind