On a lush stretch of beach in Mexico, north of Acapulco, lies a sustainable resort called Playa Viva. They recently opened a bi-level treehouse designed by Chicago firm Deture Culsign. Made of bamboo, the solar-powered cylindrical treehouse offers gorgeous views of the Pacific Ocean. At 700 square feet, the treehouse is designed to “visually intrigue and highlight sustainable strategies to deliver a natural immersive guest experience,” according to Deture Culsign. The treehouse is built six feet off the ground amidst palm trees, which act as “living piers.” There is a bedroom with a king bed, lounge area, built-in hammock, and private bathroom in the treehouse. California-based ArtisTree constructed the the treehouse. Continue reading »
Alec Avedissian never felt comfortable in a suit. Which is why he traded in his investment-banking job for a six-month surf trip through South America with his best friends. According to his website, the group travelled through six countries, ate local food, hiked volcanoes, and searched for the world’s longest left wave, which they found in Chicama, Peru. Continue reading »
60BAGs are the perfect natural answer to the environment’s needs. They are biodegradable carrier bags made out of flax-viscose non-woven fabric. Its material was scientifically developed and manufactured in Poland.
Katarzyna Okinczyc (the industrial designer on the project) and Remigiusz Truchanowicz (the photographer) managed to convince the Institute of Natural Fibers in Poznan to give them exclusive rights to commercialize and distribute their invention.
- 35 Brides Before And After Their Wedding Makeup That You’ll Barely Recognize
- Bizarre Paintings Of Mecha Robots And Werewolves Attacking East European Peasants Of The Early 20th Century
- A Finnish Factory Worker Dies, Leaving Behind A Wonderland Sculpture Garden
- Sophie Prestigiacomo’s ‘Homo Algus’ Invites Swamp Creatures Out Of The Wild
- Incredible Photos Of Two Roman Ships Which Were Recovered After 2,000 Years In 1929 And Lost Again During WWII
- Russian Lara Croft Cosplayer Ended Up In A Grip Of A Massive Bear
- Vintage Portraits Of Psychiatric Patients In The Late 19th Century
- From The Depths Of Your Nightmares – The Fantastically Disturbing Creepy Art Of Trevor Henderson
- “Mersey Paradise”: Photographer Tom Wood Spent Decades Photographing The Pubs, Clubs And Bus Rides Of Liverpool – And The People Who Inhabited Them
- Sunny Photographs That Show Just How Far Out Beach Life Was In ’70s