Irina Sayfiydinova is a textile artist, based in Tver, Russia. “I found myself in sewing toys – it is something without which I cannot live one day :) My toys are different emotions, without which our lives would be devoid of meaning. Choose your friend’s heart,” she says. Continue reading »
According to Rachel Austin: “I’m Rachel Austin, a textile artist from The Forest of Dean in Gloucestershire.
Greatly inspired by nature and my beautiful surroundings, I love the challenge of working out how to cut fabric pieces, which when sewn together and stuffed, form realistic-looking animals. I mainly use unwanted faux fur fabric and hand sew it into tactile pieces of art. So far I’ve created animals from little birds to life-size badgers! I hope you enjoy seeing them as much as I enjoy making them.” Continue reading »
Designer Ammar Kalo has found a beautiful new use for discarded textiles in fabrications, a series of resin stools topped with colorful pieces of fabric. After the fabric is carefully arranged by hand, Kalo traps the pieces of cloth in resin that’s cured until solid. The low-tech production requires few raw materials. Continue reading »
A four-metre-long woven textile made from the silk of more than a million female Golden Orb spiders collected from the highlands of Madagascar is on display at the Victoria & Albert (V&A) Museum in London. The hand-woven brocaded textile, which is on display at the museum till June 5, 2012, is naturally golden in colour and took over four years to create.
It will be shown together with a new golden cape, currently being woven and embroidered in Madagascar, which will go on public display for the very first time at the V&A. The clothes have reportedly been made by Englishman Simon Peers, who lives in Madagascar, and American Nicholas Godley, and are the only large textiles in the world to have been made from spider silk.
Yellow woven spider silk cape. Continue reading »
- This House Is Currently Listed for $828K In Queens, NY Right Now
- Never Before Seen Photos of Bruce Lee From The Family Archive
- Amazing Photographs Of Carrie Fisher On A Fire Escape In New York City, 1977
- 80-Year-Old Man Masters Excel To Create Amazing Paintings
- Russian Soul In A Nutshell: Honest Photography By Dmitry Markov
- Shocking Photographs Show Japanese Drinkers Using Pavements, Doorways And A Plant Pot As Impromptu Pillows After Succumbing To The Effects Of Alcohol
- Wonderful Intimate Photos Of Women Villagers Who Run The Show In Rural Russia
- This Teen Spent 400 Hours Creating A COVID-Themed Prom Dress Using Duct Tape
- Russian Couple Build Pyramid Of Giza Replica In Their Rural Backyard
- Zombies In Tokyo Amid Coronavirus Fears