Nitish Madan – an Indian wildlife photographer – has a soft spot for tigers. “I have a strange connection with them,” he told one media outlet. Continue reading »
Around 200 people have streaked through London Zoo to help raise money to protect tigers. Continue reading »
With six-inch fangs and weighing in at 600lb, Saber and Janda are no ordinary house cats. Yet these huge Bengal tigers live in Janice Haley’s suburban garden and are treated like ordinary pets. They are fed by hand, get strokes and cuddles, and white male Saber goes to sleep sucking on her finger. Janice’s life changed 20 years ago when she spotted an advert for a tiger training course in her local paper – and two years later arrived home with her first cub. Then in 2002 she bought Janda, who is now 12.
After her first tiger died in 2007 little Saber – who was only two weeks old at the time – was introduced to the family. Janice, who lives in Davenport, Florida, says: “They pretty much look at me as being their mother. As far as I’m concerned they are my big four-legged furry kids. We have a very special bond – they rub my face and let me kiss them on the nose, we can cuddle with them and hug them”. After a full day of play and feeding, Janice lies down with the tigers to help them go to sleep. She says: “I don’t know of too many places where you can cuddle with a full grown tiger and we’ve been doing this with them for years”. Janice and husband David work around the clock to care for the tigers and spend all of their income on food and care.
The pair are best of friends. (Photo by Ruaridh Connellan/Barcroft Media)
Continue reading »
- Zero Fucks Coins Allow You To Literally Give Zero Fucks
- People Are Posting ‘Illegal’ Lego Building Techniques And They Are Actually Genius
- “Beauty Comes In All Sizes!”: Photoshop Artist Jay Tee Changes The Obtuse Point Of View About Beauty Today One Pound At A Time
- This Artist’s Paintings Are So Realistic, You’ll Probably Think They Are Photos
- Artist Redesignes Celebrities, Cartoon And Comic Characters To Look More “Serious”
- Japan’s First Female Photojournalist Is Still Shooting At The Age Of 101
- Photographer Captures Socialist Architecture Of North Korea In Pastel Aesthetic
- The Monster Building: Photographer Tristan Zhou Captures Epic Photos Of Dystopian Asian Cityscapes
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Russian Stylist Gives 35 People Extreme Makeovers And You’ll Hardly Believe They’re The Same People