You might not be the best photographer in the world, but sometimes everything in the universe aligns so precisely, all you have to do is press the shutter-release button in the right place at the right time. Every now and then, perfect timing can make or break a photo, turning it into a hilarious coincidence or a beautiful illusion. Continue reading »
Perfectly timed photos from before the age of digital photography and smartphone cameras are even more impressive. Some of the best photographers of the time captured iconic moments on film.
This picture, identified as a woman sneezing and taken in 1900, is often called the original perfectly timed photo. It’s more likely that the picture is staged, however, and the woman is an actress advertising her skills. Film exposures were too long to catch something as fleeting as a sneeze—especially with no blurring. (via Imgur)
Continue reading »
- The Vintage Beauty Of Soviet Control Rooms
- 2021 Social Justice Kittens Calendar Is Here!
- World’s Greatest Gallery of Dogs Standing On Mushrooms
- This Guy Rates Benches All Around The UK And The Reviews Are Spot-On
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- 31-Year-Old Independent, Modern Woman Draws Comics On Her Observations About Society
- 50 Times People Took A Photograph And Realized It’s “Accidental Renaissance”
- Winners Of The 2020 International Landscape Photographer Of The Year Competition Have Been Announced And They’re Mesmerizing
- Photographer Documents Stay-At-Home Dads And Their Kids In Sweden
- This Guy Transformed A 1961 VW Beetle Deluxe Into A Black Matte Roadster