Mark Maggiori is a French painter who paints modern cowboys in the nostalgic American West. Maggiori’s approach is realistic and academically tuned. Maggiori is a graduate from the prestigious Academie Jullian in Paris, France and currently resides in the United States. Continue reading »
In the 1860s and 1870s, photographer Timothy O’Sullivan (1840 – 1882) was part of a government-run team of artists, soldiers, scientists, and photographers tasked with documenting America’s frontier in the West. His photographs of the landscape and people of the West touch on the sublime. The wilderness has rarely looked as spectacular.
Here: Colorado River in the Black Canyon, Mojave County, Arizona – 1871 Continue reading »
“Tiny Eyes” is a comic series, created by the Chinese artist Siyu, that shares slices of everyday life from a Chinese perspective. Continue reading »
Over the past couple of years, Saudi Photoshop master Al-Harithy has been creating photoshopped images of Western celebrities dressed up as citizens of the Arab gulf. In his pictures, male celebrities wear the traditional Khaleeji loose white garment that is similar to a robe (thawb) and a headdress (ghutra). Meanwhile, females don a ‘abaya and a headscarf. Continue reading »
Western United States In The 1960s: Colorful Life In The American West 50 Years Ago Through Amazing Found Photos
These amazing found slides captured colorful life in the American West during the 1960s. Continue reading »
The Photographer Has Travelled The Western Australian Coast Since The Early 90s, Capturing Clotheslines In All Their Glory
The Perth-based photographer and journalist Frances Andrijich has travelled the Western Australian coast since the early 90s, capturing clotheslines in all their glory. In her images they take the roles of play equipment, Christmas trees and, in the summer, a homemaker’s dream. Andrijich admits she is hopelessly hung up on clotheslines; her latest book celebrates them under the spotlight of the Australian sun. Continue reading »
Commissioned public work on the CBH Group grain silos in Northam, Western Australia. This project was organized and funded by FORM for PUBLIC 2015. Exterior latex enamel and spray paint on concrete. All Images via Bill Shaylor. Continue reading »
- Beautiful ’60s Fashion Photography by Henry Clarke
- “City Life”: The Superb Contemporary Oil Paintings of Vincent Giarrano
- “Client Error”: The Superb Digital Artworks of RETOKA
- A Sweet Little Photo Story Proving That True Love That Knows No Bounds
- Abandoned As A Baby Due To Albinism, Xueli Grew Up To Become A Vogue Model
- Want to Take Your Pet Fish for a Walk? There’s a Bag for That!
- Wasteland Weekend 2019: Crazy Faces, Costumes And Vehicles Of The World’s Biggest Post-Apocalyptic Desert Festival
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- “Do You Look Like Your Cat?” A Memory Game: Match The Cats with Their Humans!
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers