In an attempt to disrupt the haphazard collection of archieved videos that youtube has become, the artist duo Comenius Roethlisberger and Admir Jahic transformed the visual (virtual) language of “broadcasting” back into physicality by producing illustrations on a heavy handmade paper from virtual references with elemental art materials to do what they do best, that is, add to the confusion.
In each drawing, the artists have rendered a freeze-frame, complete with video title, user ratings and number of views. The resulting collection is both distressing and humorous in its ability to highlight our often vulgar predilections. Continue reading »
- Finally, The 2022 Chicken Daddies Calendar Is Here!
- Beautiful Colorized Photos of Helsinki, Finland in the 1930s
- Bizarre and Grotesque Illustrations by Alex Gamsu Jenkins
- “Papriko 420”: A Humorous Art Project For Those Who Are Stoned
- Simon Lee’s Superb Sculptures of Hellish Monsters from the Underworld
- Inside the Vibrant World of Aurélia Durand
- Illustrations & Creatures by Luiza Kwiatkowska
- “Age of the Succubus”: The Demonic and Dark Tales of Nona Limmen
- This Artist Creates Dystopian Generative Cityscapes with Neural Networks
- Beautiful Photos Of People’s Choice Award For Wildlife Photographer Of The Year 2021