Photo of the Day: Fuck Oil!
A penguin found on the beach coated in oil gets washed at the Oiled Wildlife Response unit set up in a makeshift camp in Tauranga, New Zealand. The belly of the penguin is normally colored white. The 47,000 ton Rena, a Liberan container vessel, struck a reef on Wednesday causing an oil leak that has spread over five kilometers. Authorities are preparing for the worst environmental disaster in New Zealand history should the vessel break up and spill 1,700 tons of fuel into the Bay of Plenty. (SUNLIVE New Zealand, Getty Images)
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Amazing Photos of the 1961 Ford Gyron
- Beautiful Photos of Margaux Hemingway in the 1970s and ’80s
- Designer Creates a Unique Table Lighting Based on Brutalist Soviet Architecture and Other Things
- The World of Fairy Tales: Dreamy Illustrations by David Listón
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- 1970s Zingers! Full-Sized Toy Vehicles
- Bloody Brutal Vintage Crime Scene Photos From The Los Angeles Police Department Archives
- This Photographer Perfectly Captures Sand Sculptures Naturally Carved By The Winds
- Cool Photos Defined Fashion Styles of Young Women in the 1970s
- Forget Garden Gnomes, Get a Huge Baby Tick Hybrid Instead!