Mike Mandel grew up in the San Fernando Valley, and as an kid in the 1950s could walk just about everywhere he needed to go: to school, or later down the street to the open field to collect rocks or catch lizards. All of his friends lived on his block, so he didn’t think too much about the time he spent in a car. But by the time he reached twenty in 1970, he realized how large a role the car would play in his life, and so began to photograph the inhabitants of 1970s California in their cars. Continue reading »
Highland Park Bowling is a uncommon located in Los Angeles. A place of 1927 and opened in 1927, at the time of prohibition entirely refurbished by the 1933 Group. He takes the bowling lovers in another time, that give more charm to the place and this sport. We can play and also admire the stunning work. Continue reading »
Los Angeles based artist WRDSMTH recently visited Melbourne for the first time and was overwhelmed by the street art scene and decided to drop a load of his stencils with witty and insightful words of wisdom pasted up all over town and the inner city suburbs of Fitzroy and St.Kilda.
Continue reading »
Over 90 million plastic balls cover the Los Angeles Reservoir in the Sylmar area of Los Angeles Wednesday, back to August 12, 2015. The city has completed a program of covering open-air reservoirs with floating “shade balls” to protect water quality. Photos by Damian Dovarganes/AP Photo. Continue reading »
A combination photograph shows Los Angeles area street signs which mark the boundaries of neighbourhoods in Los Angeles, Long Beach and San Pedro, California in pictures taken between August 7 to 19, 2014. The Little Lithuania sign has been approved by the city, but not put up yet, and is held by Joseph Pupius, 79, who is from Lithuania. (Photo by Lucy Nicholson/Reuters)
Continue reading »
A woman with a Hello Kitty tattoo waits in line to attend the Hello Kitty Con, the first-ever Hello Kitty fan convention, held at the Geffen Contemporary at MOCA Thursday, October 30, 2014, in Los Angeles. The convention was held to honor the character’s 40th birthday. (Photo by Jae C. Hong/AP Photo)
Continue reading »
Space shuttle Endeavour flies over New Orleans on Septemer 19, 2012. (Photo by Gerald Herbert/Associated Press) Continue reading »
The first major North American auto show of the season will see the debut of more than 50 luxury car models, over the 10-day event that started on Nov. 18.
The L.A. Convention Center saw the unveiling of more than 20 vehicles from across the world (and 30 from the U.S.) on Nov. 16 and 17, with a significant number of exhibitors displaying luxury and high-performance vehicles with enhanced features and electric and eco-friendly cars. The manufacturers in question were giants like Ford, Audi, BMW, Cadillac, Hyundai, Kia, Lexus, Mercedes-Benz, Toyota, Porsche and Volkswagen.
An Audi e-tron Spyder is seen at the LA Auto Show in Los Angeles, California, November 16, 2011. (Reuters) Continue reading »
- Seeing America In Isolation: American Artist George Ault Showed Us The America He Saw In Shades Of Darknes
- Japanese Youtuber Makes Easy DIY Face Masks That Look Surprisingly Cool
- Italian Photographer Started To Take Photos Of Models Remotely With A Webcam During The Quarantine
- Photographer Took His Drone To Capture How People Are Dealing With Quarantine
- Vintage Photos Of People Wearing Masks During The 1918 Influenza Pandemic, One Of The Deadliest Natural Disasters In Human History
- Powerful Photos Show Pope Francis Praying Alone In St. Peter’s Square
- Awkward Vintage Japanese Movie Monsters
- Designer 3D Prints Famous Logos Into Items You Can Use Everyday
- Historical Photos Of The 1918 Spanish Flu That Show What A Global Pandemic Looked Like In The 1910s
- Artist Shows How Classical Paintings Would Look During Quarantine