In collaboration with mountain dew and NYC adopt-a-park, Brooklyn-based artist MADSTEEZ debuts the vibrant refurbishment of a basketball court in Harlem, New York. MADSTEEZZ is known for his large-scale murals that feature bold color schemes and enigmatic figures. The newly completed mural is prominently on display at Harlem’s historic St. Nicholas Park. Continue reading »
A former church has gotten a new lease on life – as a basketball facility. The Church of the Epiphany in the 200 block of South Ashland Avenue was built in 1855, but closed and desanctified in 2011 because of dwindling membership. Earlier in 2018, Nike took over the building and turned it into a world-class basketball facility. Continue reading »
French design and photography agency Ill-Studio (previously featured) and fashion brand Pigalle have redesigned and repainted the Paris Duperré basketball court, with support from Nike. The court is squeezed between buildings in a Parisian suburb on Rue Duperré, and became internationally renowned in its previous guise, painted in graphical blocks of primary colours. Continue reading »
Ill-Studio has collaborated with French fashion brand Pigalle to create a multicoloured basketball court between a row of buildings in the 9th arrondissement of Paris. They took inspiration from a 1930s artwork called Sportsmen by Russian artist Kasimir Malevich – a boldly coloured oil painting that depicts four figures stood side by side. Photos by Sebastien Michelini/Depositphotos. Continue reading »
The Baylor’s men’s basketball team is the latest to adorn some heinous uniforms as a way to create some interest.
Baylor unveiled its Adidas designed basketball uniforms on Tuesday ahead of the team’s Big 12 Tournament game against Kansas State on March 8th. The specially designed uniforms are bright yellow and “pay homage to the high intesity of March Madness,” according to a Baylor press release.
Baylor says that the new uniforms are lighter – more than 20 percent than past uniforms — and will allow players to be quicker. The uniforms utilize Revolution 30 technology and the backs of the jersey have a ClimaCool zone that apparently gets heat away from the body.
- Underwater Restaurant Has Been Completed In Norway And It Looks Out Of This World
- Stunning Vintage Photos Show The Beauty Of African-American Women From Between 1920s And 1940s
- This Japanese Train Station Only Exists So That People Can Admire The Scenery
- 25 Of The World’s Best Drone Photos Of 2018
- An Artist Imagines If Popular Sodas Were Cartoon Character
- This Instagram Account Reveals Scenes From Famous Movies With And Without Special Effects
- 25 People That Accidentally Dressed Like Their Surroundings
- Bizarre Paintings Of Mecha Robots And Werewolves Attacking East European Peasants Of The Early 20th Century
- University Professor Has Redesigned The Zweibrück Observatory In Germany Into R2-D2
- This Artist Turns Old Pocket Watches Into Miniature Steampunk Worlds, And The Result Is Fascinating