In collaboration with mountain dew and NYC adopt-a-park, Brooklyn-based artist MADSTEEZ debuts the vibrant refurbishment of a basketball court in Harlem, New York. MADSTEEZZ is known for his large-scale murals that feature bold color schemes and enigmatic figures. The newly completed mural is prominently on display at Harlem’s historic St. Nicholas Park. Continue reading »
A former church has gotten a new lease on life – as a basketball facility. The Church of the Epiphany in the 200 block of South Ashland Avenue was built in 1855, but closed and desanctified in 2011 because of dwindling membership. Earlier in 2018, Nike took over the building and turned it into a world-class basketball facility. Continue reading »
French design and photography agency Ill-Studio (previously featured) and fashion brand Pigalle have redesigned and repainted the Paris Duperré basketball court, with support from Nike. The court is squeezed between buildings in a Parisian suburb on Rue Duperré, and became internationally renowned in its previous guise, painted in graphical blocks of primary colours. Continue reading »
Ill-Studio has collaborated with French fashion brand Pigalle to create a multicoloured basketball court between a row of buildings in the 9th arrondissement of Paris. They took inspiration from a 1930s artwork called Sportsmen by Russian artist Kasimir Malevich – a boldly coloured oil painting that depicts four figures stood side by side. Photos by Sebastien Michelini/Depositphotos. Continue reading »
The Baylor’s men’s basketball team is the latest to adorn some heinous uniforms as a way to create some interest.
Baylor unveiled its Adidas designed basketball uniforms on Tuesday ahead of the team’s Big 12 Tournament game against Kansas State on March 8th. The specially designed uniforms are bright yellow and “pay homage to the high intesity of March Madness,” according to a Baylor press release.
Baylor says that the new uniforms are lighter – more than 20 percent than past uniforms — and will allow players to be quicker. The uniforms utilize Revolution 30 technology and the backs of the jersey have a ClimaCool zone that apparently gets heat away from the body.
- Parked Cars Under Streetlamps In 1970s New York City
- This Retired Cabinet Maker Goes Viral For Making Broken And Weird Furniture That Belongs In Disney Movies
- The Superb Bizarre AR Artworks By Nikita Replyanski, A Technological Artist And Cyber Fashion Designer
- Amazing Vintage Photos Of Portuguese Women From The Azores Islands In Their Tradition Hooded Capes
- Vintage Photos Of People Wearing Masks During The 1918 Influenza Pandemic, One Of The Deadliest Natural Disasters In Human History
- The Lost Corvettes: 36 Chevrolet Corvettes From NYC Barn Find To Be Raffled In Charity Sweepstakes
- The Everyday Struggles Of All Plus-Size Women Depicted By The Artist Gabriele Pennacchioli
- Amazing Vintage Photos That Show How Life Before AutoCAD Looked Like
- Someone Found An Old Photo Album Full Of Pics Of This Woman And Hollywood Celebrities In A Thrift Shop
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers