In collaboration with mountain dew and NYC adopt-a-park, Brooklyn-based artist MADSTEEZ debuts the vibrant refurbishment of a basketball court in Harlem, New York. MADSTEEZZ is known for his large-scale murals that feature bold color schemes and enigmatic figures. The newly completed mural is prominently on display at Harlem’s historic St. Nicholas Park. Continue reading »
A former church has gotten a new lease on life – as a basketball facility. The Church of the Epiphany in the 200 block of South Ashland Avenue was built in 1855, but closed and desanctified in 2011 because of dwindling membership. Earlier in 2018, Nike took over the building and turned it into a world-class basketball facility. Continue reading »
French design and photography agency Ill-Studio (previously featured) and fashion brand Pigalle have redesigned and repainted the Paris Duperré basketball court, with support from Nike. The court is squeezed between buildings in a Parisian suburb on Rue Duperré, and became internationally renowned in its previous guise, painted in graphical blocks of primary colours. Continue reading »
Ill-Studio has collaborated with French fashion brand Pigalle to create a multicoloured basketball court between a row of buildings in the 9th arrondissement of Paris. They took inspiration from a 1930s artwork called Sportsmen by Russian artist Kasimir Malevich – a boldly coloured oil painting that depicts four figures stood side by side. Photos by Sebastien Michelini/Depositphotos. Continue reading »
The Baylor’s men’s basketball team is the latest to adorn some heinous uniforms as a way to create some interest.
Baylor unveiled its Adidas designed basketball uniforms on Tuesday ahead of the team’s Big 12 Tournament game against Kansas State on March 8th. The specially designed uniforms are bright yellow and “pay homage to the high intesity of March Madness,” according to a Baylor press release.
Baylor says that the new uniforms are lighter – more than 20 percent than past uniforms — and will allow players to be quicker. The uniforms utilize Revolution 30 technology and the backs of the jersey have a ClimaCool zone that apparently gets heat away from the body.
- Cool Old Photos Show What School Looked Like In The 1970s
- Delightfully Sarcastic Illustrations Everyone Will See Themselves In
- A Finnish Factory Worker Dies, Leaving Behind A Wonderland Sculpture Garden
- Heart-Warming Illustrations of True Love in All Its Beauty and Joy
- Life-Size Cardboard Figures By Warren King
- Designer Problems Turned Into Funny Comics
- A-Z As Game Of Thrones Characters By Kerry Bell Is The Most Creative Thing You’ll See Today
- 15 Things Every Single Girl Can Relate To
- Polish Photographer Creates Amazing Slavic Pagan Themed Photoshoot And Proves Slavs Have Amazing Culture
- The Vintage Beauty Of Soviet Control Rooms