Photographers Terence Donovan and Brian Duffy, well known for their catchy portraits of models, musicians and actors, shape our image of the Swinging Sixties, are as widely known as the stars and socialites they shot, and perhaps just as infamous as well.
These were self-made boys from the poor East End of London. Donovan excels with his fashion photography, narrating series and moving portraits of female and male models. Duffy shot iconic photographs of famous models and personalities like Grace Coddington, Jane Birkin, Mick Jagger and Michael Caine. Continue reading »
Donja Lokosnica is the Serbian “capital of paprika”, since almost all of the 1300 inhabitants are involved in growing paprika. As autumn approaches, the whole village turns red, because of many threads of dried peppers, that hang around Lokosnica, waiting for their winter use. Each of these paprika threads is handmade, still dried according to traditional techniques, assisted solely by the sun and fresh air. Continue reading »
Stunning images show the rolling splendor of the “iceberg capital of the world” under auroras. The photographer even includes himself in many of the shots – a signature of his that offers a fresh take on the conventional selfie, as well as providing a sense of scale to his works. Ziskas shot the photographs over a 10-day visit to western Greenland in September. Here: the photographer includes himself to provide a sense of scale to his works.
Continue reading »
Bengaluru (formerly Bangalore) has become synonymous with a booming technology sector that has created vast wealth for many. Yet the rapid growth of the technology industry in the city known as ‘India’s Silicon Valley’ has barely touched the lives of the 2 million people who live in poverty. Simon Murphy documented their daily experiences.
A boy cycles past a shrine to the Virgin Mary on his way to school in Bengaluru (formerly Bangalore). According to the country’s official census, just 2.3% of India’s population is Christian, compared with 80.5% Hindu and 13.4% Muslim. Continue reading »
- 20 Punk Bands Of The 1980s You’ve Never Heard Of
- Woman Continues To Hilariously Recreate Celebrity Instagram Photos, And The Result Is Better Than The Original
- Amazing Rare Photographs of The Romanovs’ Final Ball In Color, St Petersburg, Russia 1903
- “Creating a New Visual Reality”: Dark and Cinematic Illustrations by Katherine Lam
- Meet A Woman Who Keeps 500 Plants In Her Brooklyn Apartment
- The Most Controversial Ultrarealistic Art Sculptures By Patricia Piccinini
- “When God Comes Back”: Dark Brutal Macabre Illustrations by Ash Thorp
- Hilariously Bad Celebrity Portraits by Twitter Picasso
- Clever Tables That Create An Illusion Animals Are Emerging From Water
- Breathtaking Underwater Photography By André Musgrove