A wood stork runs away with a catfish, given by Bob Frye, as Frye, who was fishing in Tuscawilla Lake, puts bait on his hook at Tuscawilla Park in Ocala, Fla., Thursday, August 13, 2015. Continue reading »
One way to avoid the dangerous rays of the sun is to stay indoors, another is to apply a healthy layer of sun cream and slap on a wide-brimmed hat. If you’re in China, however, there is a third option – a ‘Face-Kini’ complete with a body suit. The name describes a protective head mask that is being used in Shandong province’s East China Sea coast by beach-goers who want to protect their skin from the sun.
A women wearing “face bikini” walks on a beach in Qingdao, East China’s Shandong province, May 26, 2014.
Continue reading »
A fisherman caught a record-breaking 805lb Mako shark – and then barbecued and ate it with his friends. Joey Polk, 29, and his two cousins Earnie Polk, 43, and Kenny Peterson, 21, battled the 11ft predator for more than an hour before finally hauling it onto the beach. They normally tag and release their catches for conservation but were unable to resuscitate this one and instead made it the main course at a jumbo-sized family barbecue. The huge shark, caught at a secret location on the Florida Panhandle on April 15, beat a previous weight record set by Earnie for a mako weighing 730lbs, set in February 2009.
Joey Polk, 29, holding open the jaws of the 11ft mako shark. (Photo by Joey Polk/Barcroft Media)
Continue reading »
- Bublik – Circular Apartment Building In Moscow Is The Pinnacle Of Brutalism
- Photographer Captures The Mystical Beauty of Czech Forests
- 25 Redesigns Of Famous Logos And Some Of Them Are Better Than The Original
- Fascinating Winning Photos Of the 2021 Siena International Photo Awards
- “Captivate!”: Fashionable 90s in Amazing Nostalgic Photos
- “Tears in the Rain”: The Superb Digital Sci-Fi Concept Artworks by Daniel Liang
- Brazilian Artist Draws Realistic Portraits that Look Like Photographs
- This Illustrator Draws Everyday Situations That Are So Familiar It’s Like Looking in the Mirror
- This Artist Started Micro Crocheting As An Experiment, And Now She Creates Tiny Animals And Plants Using Needle And Thread
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s