A ceramicist with an obvious sense of humour, Lenny the cat’s owner creates all manner of things such as mugs, bowls, and pots. As well as some of my favourite items from the shop featured below. Continue reading »
A truck filled with 500 cats thought to be destined for restaurants was intercepted on Wednesday in Xuzhou, eastern China’s Jiangsu Province. Officer Sun Hai said he and a colleague pulled the vehicle over during a routine traffic check. The officer commented, “The driver said it was a full load of rabbit, but after we instructed him to uncover the load we were shocked to find a full load of living cats.” Continue reading »
Design, functionality and comfort in your cooking life. Solid silicone gloves that will become an integral part of your BBQ experience.
These gloves can be used on the barbecue, as well as daily in your kitchen. The gloves are made of high quality silicone so they can withstand temperatures of up to 460 degrees Fahrenheit(230 degrees Celcius). High-tech silicone shield protects you safely from heat, spray of fat and sparks which can cause harm during normal cooking on barbecuing activities plus around the kitchen. Easy stored and compact enough when travelling can even keep a spare pair in the car! These miracle gloves are easy to clean from dirt and grease, keeping their shape even at high temperatures, serving you, friends and family again and again. They are also absolutely dishwasher safe! Continue reading »
A revolution is underway in the art of cooking. Just as French Impressionists upended centuries of tradition, Modernist cuisine has in recent years blown through the boundaries of the culinary arts. Borrowing techniques from the laboratory, pioneering chefs at world-renowned restaurants such as elBulli, The Fat Duck, Alinea, and wd~50 have incorporated a deeper understanding of science and advances in cooking technology into their culinary art.
(Click photos to view in HD – depends on your screen resolution).
Some of us might like to reinstate this food guide from World War II because butter has its own food group. (National Archives, Records of the Office of Government Reports)
Food. We love it, fear it, and obsess about it.
We demand that our Government ensure that it is safe, cheap, and abundant. In response, Government has been a factor in the production, regulation, research, innovation, and economics of our food supply. It has also attempted, with varying success, to change the eating habits of Americans.
- Stunning Vintage Photos Show The Beauty Of African-American Women From Between 1920s And 1940s
- Awkward Vintage Japanese Movie Monsters
- Photographer Sabrina Boem Beautifully Captured The Monorail Cats
- The Vintage Beauty Of Soviet Control Rooms
- Russian Artist Illustrates What Would Happen If Famous Characters Got Old, And Thor Is Too Cute
- Hong Kong In The 1950s Captured By A Teenager
- Welcome To Burj Al Babas, The Luxury City Of Empty Castles
- Extraordinary Photos Of The Joy And Freedom Of Childhood At A Time When It Was Normal To Play Out In The Street
- 30 Vintage Ads That Would Be Banned Today
- Vintage Yugoslavian Computer Magazine Cover Girls Of The 1980s-90s