If you don’t live in an area populated by coyotes, you might be a tad confused when you first see a dog sporting an ensemble like this one:
What at first glance appears to be a very odd Halloween costume is actually a Coyote Vest—a special coat of armor designed to protect your dog from this wild predator. The vest is made from Kevlar, the same puncture-resistant material used by law enforcement, and fitted with spikes on the neck and sides to prevent bites. But its most unique feature, perhaps, is the “coyote whiskers”—bright nylon bristles attached to the back which make the dog appear larger and more threatening to animals looking for their next meal. Continue reading »
Hailey Hanestad thinks nothing about nuzzling up to the animal, called Wiley, and even dozes off with him on her bed. Wiley has been a treasured member of the family since being rescued by Hailey’s dad, Rick, three years ago. Today he’s thought to be just one of two coyotes in the US that have become domesticated after being born in the wild. And at the Hanestad farm, in Wisconsin, he’s treated just like a dog – sitting by the fire in the winter, going for walks on a lead and even playing fetch with a tennis ball. He’s got his own comfy chair and enjoys a diet of venison and fried eggs. He even has to have his meat cooked – because he won’t eat it raw.
Haley with a young Wiley as a pup. (Photo by Barcroft Media) Continue reading »
- Rare Photos Of Hachiko, The World’s Most Loyal Dog
- Vintage Photos Proving That The Beauty Of People From Previous Generations Is A Unique Thing
- A Group Of Czech Students Recreate Weird And Strange Scenes From Medieval Books
- This Tattoo Artist Can’t Draw And That’s Precisely Why Her Clients Choose Her
- Taiwanese Artist Creates Exquisitely Detailed Miniature Dioramas
- Splendid Vintage Snaps Of Young Girls With Very Big Hair In The 1980s
- This Artist Creates Inventions That Solve Problems That Don’t Exist
- Japanese Illustrator Gives Thought-Provoking Chills With Haunting Artwork
- 2020 Sarcastic Vintage Pictures Calendar Is Here!
- Last Pictures Of Sharon Tate Taken By Terry O’Neill In London, 1969