Alyssa Monks is a New Jersey-based artist who’s most famous for her stunning hyper realistic paintings. Although they seem like photographs, these are actually very detailed portraits of bathing people. “Using filters such as glass, vinyl, water, and steam, I distort the body in shallow painted spaces,“ Monks said of her techniques. Continue reading »
Some people have hobbies. Other people are obsessive. But when the two cross paths, this is what you get. Japanese twitter user @Kya7y recently unearthed an incredibly detailed maze that her father created almost 30 years ago. When pressed for details, the father explained that he spent 7 years creating the map on A1 size paper, which is about 33 x 23 inches. Continue reading »
The Amazingly Detailed Living Pictures That Show How Scenes Throughout History May Really Have Looked
Have you ever felt frustrated that photography was invented too late to give you a glimpse of some of your favourite historical events?
Well, if you are a fan of Britain’s struggle for democracy and equality, a free exhibition in Bradford is here to help.
Ways Of Looking, a city-wide photography festival features some of Red Saunders’ finest works.The artist specialises in huge ‘tableaux vivants’ (living pictures) where he gets dozens of actors to recreate moments from British history including the English Civil War, the Chartist movement and the Peasants’ Revolt.
Historical ‘evidence’: Leveller Women in the English Revolution, 1647 is one of Red Saunders’ ‘tableaux vivants’ which recreates famous – and not so famous – scenes from the past. Continue reading »
- 5 Year-Old Recreates Photos Of Iconic Women Every Day Of Black History Month
- Zdzisław Beksiński: Terrifying Visions Of Hell By Murdered Polish Painter
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- A Photographer Travels Across India To Show How Beautiful And Diverse Local People Are, And We’re Mesmerized
- “Auto Polo”: The Ridiculously Dangerous Auto Sport Of The Early 1900s
- This Instagram Account Reveals Scenes From Famous Movies With And Without Special Effects
- This Hidden Chilling Forest Path Looks Like A Trail To Mordor
- “What If Orthodox Priests Became Cosmonauts?”: Artist Unites Two Russian Pillars In His Paintings
- “The Morning Never Came”: Amazing Fantasy Illustrations By Adrian Smith
- Asian Drivers Are Using Terrifying Reflective Decals On Rear Windows To Fight Against High-Beam Users