Christian Pierini Macêna or Mr (C) is the CEO of Union Groups and Artists Theatre West Zone and also he is a producer, cultural and visual arts teacher and musician. The artist has a degree in Visual Arts from Bennet Methodist University and took classes of observation drawing, live model and painting.
Continue reading »
Alyssa Monks is a New Jersey-based artist who’s most famous for her stunning hyper realistic paintings. Although they seem like photographs, these are actually very detailed portraits of bathing people. “Using filters such as glass, vinyl, water, and steam, I distort the body in shallow painted spaces,“ Monks said of her techniques. Continue reading »
Some people have hobbies. Other people are obsessive. But when the two cross paths, this is what you get. Japanese twitter user @Kya7y recently unearthed an incredibly detailed maze that her father created almost 30 years ago. When pressed for details, the father explained that he spent 7 years creating the map on A1 size paper, which is about 33 x 23 inches. Continue reading »
The Amazingly Detailed Living Pictures That Show How Scenes Throughout History May Really Have Looked
Have you ever felt frustrated that photography was invented too late to give you a glimpse of some of your favourite historical events?
Well, if you are a fan of Britain’s struggle for democracy and equality, a free exhibition in Bradford is here to help.
Ways Of Looking, a city-wide photography festival features some of Red Saunders’ finest works.The artist specialises in huge ‘tableaux vivants’ (living pictures) where he gets dozens of actors to recreate moments from British history including the English Civil War, the Chartist movement and the Peasants’ Revolt.
Historical ‘evidence’: Leveller Women in the English Revolution, 1647 is one of Red Saunders’ ‘tableaux vivants’ which recreates famous – and not so famous – scenes from the past. Continue reading »
- “Cock And Balls”: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- “Float Around”: Photos From Nirvana’s Underwater “Nevermind” Shoot
- Hungarian Graphic Design Student Barbara Bernat Redesigns the Euro
- Here Are The Most Interesting Things This Geologist Found On Google Earth
- These Dull Passport Photos Are Hiding Hilarious Secrets
- 35 Examples Of Incredibly Bad Design
- Artist Illustrates Honest Feelings That We Keep To Ourselves In 22 Candy Heart Comics
- Cute Illustrations Remind Us Why Pregnant Women Deserve Our Seats More Than We Do
- Random Acts Of Brilliant Vandalism
- Italy-based Artist Cristina Guggeri Shows World Leaders Pooping In New Series Of Images Called “The Daily Duty”