Artist Beau Bernier Frank suffered from chronic pain for several years that was recently attributed to an autoimmune disease called Ankylosing Spondylitis. The disease caused such severe pain and inflammation within Frank’s joints that he had to quit his job. Stuck at home for five months, Frank found himself in a dark tunnel of purposeless pain. As a means of coping with the unfortunate realities of his situation, Frank turned to the things he loved most about life — art and world travel. Continue reading »
Anatomical Theatre: Depictions of the Body, Disease, and Death in Medical Museums of the Western World
Anatomical Theatre is a photographic exhibition documenting artifacts collected by and exhibited in medical museums throughout Europe and the United States. The objects in these photos range from preserved human remains to models made from ivory, wax, and papier mâché. The artifacts span from the 16th Century to the 20th, and include examples from a wide range of countries, artists, and preparators. Continue reading »
- This House Is Currently Listed for $828K In Queens, NY Right Now
- Amazing Photographs Of Carrie Fisher On A Fire Escape In New York City, 1977
- Never Before Seen Photos of Bruce Lee From The Family Archive
- 80-Year-Old Man Masters Excel To Create Amazing Paintings
- Shocking Photographs Show Japanese Drinkers Using Pavements, Doorways And A Plant Pot As Impromptu Pillows After Succumbing To The Effects Of Alcohol
- This Teen Spent 400 Hours Creating A COVID-Themed Prom Dress Using Duct Tape
- Wonderful Intimate Photos Of Women Villagers Who Run The Show In Rural Russia
- Russian Soul In A Nutshell: Honest Photography By Dmitry Markov
- Photographer Asked 16 Artists To Draw His Portrait Photos In Their Own Style, And The Result Is Fabulous!
- Why So Many Medieval Manuscripts Depict Butt Trumpets?