Living With A Rare Disease And Chronic Pain, This Artist Found Joy In Creating Beautiful Art
Artist Beau Bernier Frank suffered from chronic pain for several years that was recently attributed to an autoimmune disease called Ankylosing Spondylitis. The disease caused such severe pain and inflammation within Frank’s joints that he had to quit his job. Stuck at home for five months, Frank found himself in a dark tunnel of purposeless pain. As a means of coping with the unfortunate realities of his situation, Frank turned to the things he loved most about life — art and world travel.
He combined these two things into an artistic project entitled “Off the Grid.” The project involves a fusion of landscape imagery with classic portraits. The oil paintings feature male models staring off distantly, with brightly colored travel imagery painted over them.
Since being diagnosed with his disease, Frank is on the path towards pain management and recovery. The paintings that emerged from his pain are a reminder of his perseverance.
In a write-up about the meaning of the project, Frank states, “The model’s gazes offer insight into their personalities and reveal an air of disconnectedness with an undercurrent of nostalgia – in other words, they seek to escape their reality, and to travel to those distant places painted across their faces.”
Follow Design You Trust on Facebook:
- Comedian Creates Hilarious Fake Signs, Places Them All Around Los Angeles
- Hawaii-Based Photographer And A Former Marine Makes Stunning Underwater NSFW Pictures
- The Photographer That Is Constantly Silenced And Censored By Instagram
- Beautiful Underwater NSFW Photos That Redefine Women’s Beach Stereotypes
- Meet The Playboy Bunnies Of The 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia
- Bold Nudes That Show How Our Bodies Are All We Have In The End
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s New Bust Will Give You Nightmares
- Magnificent NSFW Modelling Photo Artworks By The Russian Photographer Nikolas Verano
- Photographer Robert Ogilvie Perfectly Captures The Heart And Soul Of San Francisco
- Spectacular Vintage Photographs Of America’s Western Frontier By Timothy O’Sullivan