Living With A Rare Disease And Chronic Pain, This Artist Found Joy In Creating Beautiful Art
Artist Beau Bernier Frank suffered from chronic pain for several years that was recently attributed to an autoimmune disease called Ankylosing Spondylitis. The disease caused such severe pain and inflammation within Frank’s joints that he had to quit his job. Stuck at home for five months, Frank found himself in a dark tunnel of purposeless pain. As a means of coping with the unfortunate realities of his situation, Frank turned to the things he loved most about life — art and world travel.
He combined these two things into an artistic project entitled “Off the Grid.” The project involves a fusion of landscape imagery with classic portraits. The oil paintings feature male models staring off distantly, with brightly colored travel imagery painted over them.
Since being diagnosed with his disease, Frank is on the path towards pain management and recovery. The paintings that emerged from his pain are a reminder of his perseverance.
In a write-up about the meaning of the project, Frank states, “The model’s gazes offer insight into their personalities and reveal an air of disconnectedness with an undercurrent of nostalgia – in other words, they seek to escape their reality, and to travel to those distant places painted across their faces.”
- Gorgeous Female Portraits By The Miami Beach Photographer Mark Del Mar
- “Dreams Of Sensuality”: Beautiful Art Nude Photography By Dani Fehr
- Gorgeous NSFW Female Portraits By The Russian Photographer Marat Safin
- This Artist Creates Stupid NSFW Comics For People With A Dark Sense Of Humor
- Sensual NSFW Female Nude Photography By Alisa Verner
- “Postcards From Google Earth”: This Artist Finds Strange Beauty in Google’s Apocalyptic Glitches
- Wax Sculpture Of Sleeping Woman Doubles As Candle
- Marvelous NSFW Female Portrait Photography By Darren Ankenman
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- Limitless Boundaries Of The Human Body In Photographs By Cody Choi, Professional Dancer And Photographer
- Artist Maimouna Guerresi Photographs ‘Aisha In Wonderland’
- Turkish Artist Abdullah Evindar Creates Fantastic Surreal Silhouette Photo Collages
- Sensual Self-Portrait Photography By Johanna Punz
- Stunning Socialist-Era Architecture: The Brutalism Of Zagreb, Croatia
- Breathtaking Photos Of Australian Drought From Above