Living With A Rare Disease And Chronic Pain, This Artist Found Joy In Creating Beautiful Art
Artist Beau Bernier Frank suffered from chronic pain for several years that was recently attributed to an autoimmune disease called Ankylosing Spondylitis. The disease caused such severe pain and inflammation within Frank’s joints that he had to quit his job. Stuck at home for five months, Frank found himself in a dark tunnel of purposeless pain. As a means of coping with the unfortunate realities of his situation, Frank turned to the things he loved most about life — art and world travel.
He combined these two things into an artistic project entitled “Off the Grid.” The project involves a fusion of landscape imagery with classic portraits. The oil paintings feature male models staring off distantly, with brightly colored travel imagery painted over them.
Since being diagnosed with his disease, Frank is on the path towards pain management and recovery. The paintings that emerged from his pain are a reminder of his perseverance.
In a write-up about the meaning of the project, Frank states, “The model’s gazes offer insight into their personalities and reveal an air of disconnectedness with an undercurrent of nostalgia – in other words, they seek to escape their reality, and to travel to those distant places painted across their faces.”
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Polish Photographer Creates Amazing Slavic Pagan Themed Photoshoot And Proves Slavs Have Amazing Culture
- Someone Used The New Snapchat Filter On Game Of Thrones Characters
- Welcome to the Saddest 1980s Mall in America
- “Straight Out Of Inception”: Enthralling Optical Illusion Bookstore Will Draw You Into A World Of Fantasy
- 11 Totally Accurate Illustrations Showing Exactly What It’s Like to Be a Woman
- Delightfully Sarcastic Illustrations Everyone Will See Themselves In
- Japan’s Hottest New Instagram Model Is An 84-Year-Old In His Grandson’s Clothes And He Looks Amazing
- Paris Just Before WWII: Stunning Photos Capture Daily Life Of The French Capital In The 1930s
- “The Owls Are Not What They Seem”: Magical Pictures Of Owls By Daniel J Nevares
- 16 Ironic Comic Strips Every Girl will Understand