During the second world war, the British army created a secret organisation called MI-9, in charge of providing the pilots with escape means. Christopher Clayton Hutton, a RAF skilled pilot, developped a set of objects for that purpose. The escape scarf being the most iconic object of the set. Continue reading »
If getting lost in a coffee table sounds improbable, you may change your mind once you see these beautiful furnishings. Artist and designer Greg Klassen transforms reclaimed wood into mesmerizing works of art embedded with glass rivers and lakes. Klassen’s newest works include a variety of coffee tables of different sizes and shapes, as well as wall hangings. Continue reading »
Wish you could set off on your epic trip across America without giving up on the daily comforts? You’ll love the Escape Traveler, a fully outfitted home-on-the-go that can be moved just about anywhere like an RV. Despite its compact and portable size, the energy-efficient tiny home feels spacious, comes with a whole range of full-sized appliances, and can even sleep up to six. Continue reading »
For writers, it’s important that they sometimes escape from the hustle and bustle of daily life and focus on their craft. The Hut on Stilts was built with this type of creative getaway in mind. Designed by architect Nozomi Nakabayashi, whose client is a writer, the eight-square-meter cabin stands four meters above the ground and among secluded woodlands in Dorset, England.
Continue reading »
Dr. Marius Kruger (C) and memeber of the Kruger National Park keeps the head of a rhino up during a white rhino relocation capture on October 17, 2014. The Kruger National Park relocated four rhinoceros from a high risk poaching area to a safer area as part of ongoing strategic rhinoceros management plan. (Photo by Stefan Heunis/AFP Photo)
Continue reading »
Escape artist Anthony Martin has survived being handcuffed, locked inside a coffin and then tossed out of an airplane. Mr. Martin pulled off the daring escape overnight in a skydive over Serena, Illinois and told Fox News he was “pretty confident” it was the best escape artist stunt of all times.
Escape artist Anthony Martin is dropped out of an airplane while handcuffed and locked inside a box. (AP) Continue reading »
These lucky sea lions escaped the jaws of death by inches after a pod of killer whales risked beaching themselves as they chased them up the shore. The young South American sea lion pups had spotted the predatory mammals as they cruised along the coast of Patagonia off the tip of South America. (Pablo Cersosimo/Solent News & Photo)
Three Australian states have record-high summer rains over the past week, flooding rivers and forcing dams to overflow. Over 13,000 people were evacuated from their homes, Tuesday, as regions of eastern Australia are submerged in water. However, humans are not the only sufferers of flooding in Australia. Spiders have reportedly spun webs around trees, plants and bushes to escape flood waters.
Spiders are seen in their webs spun round dry sticks on a bush next to flood waters in Wagga Wagga March 6, 2012. (REUTERS/Daniel Munoz) Continue reading »
- Incredible Photos Of Two Roman Ships Which Were Recovered After 2,000 Years In 1929 And Lost Again During WWII
- Sophie Prestigiacomo’s ‘Homo Algus’ Invites Swamp Creatures Out Of The Wild
- A Finnish Factory Worker Dies, Leaving Behind A Wonderland Sculpture Garden
- Photographer Captures Side-By-Side Portraits Of Famous Historical Figures And Their Direct Descendants
- Photoshop Master Showed Why We Should Not Believe Photos In Social Networks
- “The Loneliest Road Trip”: Travels Through An Empty America In Photographs By Arnaud Montagard
- Russian Lara Croft Cosplayer Ended Up In A Grip Of A Massive Bear
- Breathtaking Underwater Photography By André Musgrove
- Vintage Portraits Of Psychiatric Patients In The Late 19th Century
- Bizarre Paintings Of Mecha Robots And Werewolves Attacking East European Peasants Of The Early 20th Century