The International Exotic Glamourwear Catalogue clearly was the clothing outlet of choice for 1980s prostitutes. But that’s not to say these sleazy styles aren’t worthy of ogling – indeed, there’s something about the tacky splendor of 80s “exotic glamourwear” that guys love. Continue reading »
Maha Shivaratri, a holy Hindu festival, will be celebrated on Feb. 20 and be marked across the world. The festival is meant to honour Lord Shiva, a Hindu God and one of the Trinity of the Creator, the Destroyer and the Preserver, who rule Hindu mythology. Shivaratri falls on a moonless February night, when Hindus offer special prayer to the Lord of Destruction. As the legend goes, Shivaratri is the night Lord Shiva is said to have performed the dance of primal creation, preservation and destruction.
Another popular legend is that Lord Shiva turned himself in the form of a Linga for the first time. Since then, devotees celebrate it as the grand night of Shiva.
During this festival, devotees observe day and night fasts, chant mantras and worship Lord Shiva to appease him. Some devotees smear their bodies in ashes and pray to their lord.
A Hindu holy man, or sadhu, applies paint on his forehead at Pashupatinath Temple in Kathmandu. (REUTERS/Navesh Chitrakar) Continue reading »
Exotic pet owners and hopeful adopters filled the West Palm Beach Garden Club Saturday morning during the city’s first-ever Pet Amnesty Day. The event gave owners of non-native and invasive pets an opportunity to turn in their animals with no penalty and no questions asked. Photography and story by Brandon Kruse/The Palm Beach Post.
Christen Mason, left, and Marcie Kapsch, right, of the U.S Fish and Wildlife Service, and Jon Garzaniti of the Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission support an albino Burmese python that Mason estimated to be 9-feet long and 45 lbs. A U.S. FWS spokespersons said the owner of this snake had three more at home and also surrendered a 14-foot albino Burmese python. Continue reading »
- “Rite of Passage”: Striking Vintage Photos of Florida Spring Break in the ‘80s
- Japan’s First Female Photojournalist Is Still Shooting At The Age Of 101
- Fumetti: The Collection of Finest Examples of Sleazy Lowbrow Art the World Has Ever Known
- 45 Comics With Twisted Endings For People With A Dark Sense Of Humor
- Brazil Building New Jesus Statue Taller than Christ the Redeemer
- Playful Pictures of Marilyn Monroe Having Breakfast in Bed, 1953
- These Photorealistic Renders Look Like Real Photos Taken with An Old Camera
- The Most Creative Photos Of The World Naked Gardening Day 2020, Even In Isolation
- How People Look After 1, 2 & 3 Glasses Of Wine
- “Bikes, Broads, Beer, and Boogie”: The Great Collection of Biker Magazines from the 1980s