Not so long ago, there was a lively discussion of a photo shoot in which an elegant girl amuses herself in every possible way on a potato field: she dives into it, arranges a swim, and eventually takes first place and receives a “bulb (belarusian potato) fur” as a gift. Continue reading »
A huge painting on a rice field was seen in the city of Gyodashi, Saitama in Japan on July 9. The field, composed of nine different kinds of colored rice plant and crops, was designed by local people with their never exhausting creativity. Continue reading »
British artist Bruce Munro creates immersive light installations. These large-scale projects are inspired by his interest in shared human experience. Munro’s work takes on all sizes and covers all kinds of landscapes. He’s created both monumental and intimate instillations in deserts, ponds, gardens, fields, and even inside buildings. Continue reading »
The German ration pack contains several sachets of grapefruit and exotic juice powder to add to water, and Italian biscotti, but also more familiar treats such as liver-sausage spread and rye bread, goulash with potatoes, and for breakfast sour cherry and apricot jams. Continue reading »
Fairfax photographer Simon Schluter captures the Fashions on the Field at the 2013 Oaks Day.
(L) Charli Bromley in a Catherine Kelly Hat. (R) Esther Warren in a Tamara Jade Bradshaw outfit. Continue reading »
The golden retriever and its history were feted by 222 goldens and their masters who gathered from around the globe for a celebration in the breed’s ancestral Scottish Highlands home in July. Hosted by the Golden Retriever Club of Scotland, the festival is held at the abandoned home of Dudley Coutts Marjoribanks, who bred the first golden retriever. (Gordon Richardson) Continue reading »
According to photographer Robert Mooney, who took the photo in The Pantanal, a tropical wetland in Brazil, the cow appeared to walk directly towards the crocodiles after wandering away from its herd in search of food. He said that he, “was amazed the cow dared to stroll among the crocs with such apparent ease.” (Robert Mooney / Solent News & Photo Agency) Click image to zoom.
- Photographer Asked 16 Artists To Draw His Portrait Photos In Their Own Style, And The Result Is Fabulous!
- Beautiful ‘Then And Now’ Pictures Of Women From London’s ’80s Subcultures
- “Porn Fashions”: Obscenely Tasteless Apparel From 1980s Adult Magazines
- 1939 Pontiac Plexiglas “Ghost Car”: The First Full-Sized “See-Thru” Car Ever Made In America
- Artist Imagines Famous Cartoon Characters With Human Bodies And The Result Is Bizarre
- Artist Creates Realistic Life-Sized Female Sculptures Inspired By The Graceful Beauty Of Renaissance Art
- Vintage Photographs Of People Posing With Job Hunting Signs On The Streets During The Great Depression
- Maggie Out: Striking And Depressive Photographs Captured Everyday Life In Glasgow In 1980
- This Teen Spent 400 Hours Creating A COVID-Themed Prom Dress Using Duct Tape
- Why So Many Medieval Manuscripts Depict Butt Trumpets?