Google Maps Gives Bird’s Eye View of Phallic Field on Prince Edward Island in Canada
A Stratford, Prince Edward Island, property owner has taken manscaping to a whole new level.
Jamie Rix cut part of an overgrown soybean field into the shape of a 243-metre penis, now captured on Google Maps in all its glory. Rix said started as an innocent crop circle about 18 months ago.
“Then I made a longer cut so I could drive down toward the end of the thing and then it started to take shape and someone said, ‘Why don’t you make it into a giant Johnson?’ and I said, ‘Why not. Challenge accepted,’ and away I went.”
Rix bought the land in 2009 and it has since become a family jewel. It is zoned for residential, but he said he’s not sure he has the “tolerance” to go through the red tape of developing it, according to CBC News.
He said the image is partly a statement of protest, more against the federal government which is why he pointed it west toward Ottawa.
“The government doesn’t seem to have much of a plan beyond four years and the next election. That’s my feeling anyway. They’ll say or do anything to get re-elected.”
Rix said there hasn’t been much reaction, because people can’t see it from the ground even though it is surrounded by a walking trail.
“People who do see it, or I show a picture to, they just think it’s great, they laugh,” he said. “I think if you’re offended by anything that’s just a choice.”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- 50 Times People Took A Photograph And Realized It’s “Accidental Renaissance”
- Japanese Guy Absolutely Nails Anime Girl Cosplay, from Evangelion to Sailor Moon
- This Guy Rates Benches All Around The UK And The Reviews Are Spot-On
- This Man Photoshops Himself Into Series Of Hilarious Scenarios With Celebrities
- Medieval Visions of Hell, Satan, Demons And Cabbalistic Signs From A 1775 Compendium Of Horrors
- Photographer Albert Dros Captures Beautiful Rural Landscapes of the Netherlands
- Incredible Technologies From The Past That Just Look Odd Today
- “Elvira, Mistress Of The Dark”: Stunning Photos of Cassandra Peterson in the 1980s
- Photographer Documents Stay-At-Home Dads And Their Kids In Sweden