In the 1860s and 1870s, photographer Timothy O’Sullivan (1840 – 1882) was part of a government-run team of artists, soldiers, scientists, and photographers tasked with documenting America’s frontier in the West. His photographs of the landscape and people of the West touch on the sublime. The wilderness has rarely looked as spectacular.
Here: Colorado River in the Black Canyon, Mojave County, Arizona – 1871 Continue reading »
Nicolas Bouvier, also known as Sparth, has been an active artistic director and concept designer in the gaming industry since 1996. He is the art director for Halo 5, author of Structura 1, 2 and 3, and has worked on Halo 4, Assassin’s Creed, RAGE, Prince of Persia, AITD4, and created approximately 100 book covers. He lives in Seattle, Washington. Continue reading »
The works of Robert McCall are a rich tapestry that encompasses more than just the history of space exploration and visions of the future.
McCall is a talent whose depth and richness of spirit are translated into a special invitation. His work invites one to ride on a spectrum of color, brilliance, and imagination-to become part of the twisting kaleidoscope that is our ever-expanding knowledge of the universe. Continue reading »
The White Frontier: Female Photographer Captures Beautiful Images Of Canada’s Most Remote Regions In The 1900s
Geraldine Moodie overcame harsh conditions to become western Canada’s first professional female photographer, capturing beautiful images in the country’s most remote regions. An exhibition, “North of Ordinary: The Arctic Photographs of Geraldine and Douglas Moodie”, is at Glenbow, Calgary, 18 February – 10 September.
Moodie was born in 1854 in Toronto, and after a move to England she met and married John Douglas Moodie in 1878, and had six children. Continue reading »
- Beautiful Photos of Jane Birkin at Home Taken by Jean-Claude Deutsch in 1971
- French Artist Creates Illustrations That Challenge Society’s Standards For Women
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Photographer Captures Couples Who Switch Outfits, and the Results Are Hilarious
- Photographer Amanda Jones Shows A Dog’s Love Is Timeless
- This Elderly German Couple Steals The Show Every Time They Go Out
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Space Colony Art from the 1970s
- Hilarious Dictionary of Finnish Language And Culture
- Artist Illustrates The Sad Reality Of Animal Cruelty And Shows How Factory Farming Harms Our Planet