In the 1860s and 1870s, photographer Timothy O’Sullivan (1840 – 1882) was part of a government-run team of artists, soldiers, scientists, and photographers tasked with documenting America’s frontier in the West. His photographs of the landscape and people of the West touch on the sublime. The wilderness has rarely looked as spectacular.
Here: Colorado River in the Black Canyon, Mojave County, Arizona – 1871 Continue reading »
Nicolas Bouvier, also known as Sparth, has been an active artistic director and concept designer in the gaming industry since 1996. He is the art director for Halo 5, author of Structura 1, 2 and 3, and has worked on Halo 4, Assassin’s Creed, RAGE, Prince of Persia, AITD4, and created approximately 100 book covers. He lives in Seattle, Washington. Continue reading »
The works of Robert McCall are a rich tapestry that encompasses more than just the history of space exploration and visions of the future.
McCall is a talent whose depth and richness of spirit are translated into a special invitation. His work invites one to ride on a spectrum of color, brilliance, and imagination-to become part of the twisting kaleidoscope that is our ever-expanding knowledge of the universe. Continue reading »
The White Frontier: Female Photographer Captures Beautiful Images Of Canada’s Most Remote Regions In The 1900s
Geraldine Moodie overcame harsh conditions to become western Canada’s first professional female photographer, capturing beautiful images in the country’s most remote regions. An exhibition, “North of Ordinary: The Arctic Photographs of Geraldine and Douglas Moodie”, is at Glenbow, Calgary, 18 February – 10 September.
Moodie was born in 1854 in Toronto, and after a move to England she met and married John Douglas Moodie in 1878, and had six children. Continue reading »
- This Futuristic 1966 Ford Ranger II Concept Truck
- Polish Photographer Creates Amazing Slavic Pagan Themed Photoshoot And Proves Slavs Have Amazing Culture
- 1,400-Year-Old Gingko Tree Sheds a Spectacular Ocean of Golden Leaves
- 3D-Printed Paintings Let The Blind “See” Famous Art For The First Time
- Bodies Of Strange Creatures Were Found In The Basement Of An Old House In London
- Dolphin Shorts: The Favorite Fashion Trend Of The ’80s Teenage Girls
- Cool Pics That Show People With Technologies In The 80s
- Japanese Sculptor Shows How He Transforms Wood Into Surreal Sculptures
- Toilets Around the World
- Famous Music Hits Turned Into Vintage Ad Posters