It’s the return of the once-in-a-decade Netherlands flower fest, the Floriade 2012 World Horticulture Expo. With 1.8m bulbs planted across 44 hectares, and more than two million visitors expected over a six-month run, this is one of the gardening world’s stratospheric events. Here’s the view from the opening week. Photograph: Ermindo Armino/AP, Paul Raats/EPA, Robin Utrecht/AFP/Getty Images.
A field of flowers at Floriade in Venlo, the Netherlands, where the sixth edition of the festival has opened. Continue reading »
Married couple Diane Cook and Len Jenshel travelled the world capturing their photographs of these stunning sights. It is their latest project after 25 years spent producing images that show how human’s influence their environment.
The eye-catching plants and flowers not only transform the top of dull office buildings but create habitats for birds and insects and are good for the environment.
Manhattan marvel: The first green roof the photographers visited, on top of Cook and Fox architects in New York. Continue reading »
- This Brilliant Dad Shoots Classic Pictures Of His Daughter Inspired From Old Oil-Paintings
- Wonderland Abandoned: The Swift Fall of “Europe’s Biggest Theme Park”
- These Illustrations Show What’s Wrong With The Modern Society
- Spectacular Winning Photos of The Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2021
- Finally, “Squid Game” Costumes For Your Pets
- The Story Behind John Lennon’s Psychedelic Rolls-Royce Phantom V
- One Eyeland World’s Top Black & White Photographers 2021
- Portraits of Swiss “Halbstarken” Girls With Very Big Hair in the 1950s and 1960s
- 30 Thought-Provoking And Honest Illustrations About Our Lives By Stephan Schmitz
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s