Gardens of Eden: The Heavenly Horticulture Blossoming on Roofs High above the City
Married couple Diane Cook and Len Jenshel travelled the world capturing their photographs of these stunning sights. It is their latest project after 25 years spent producing images that show how human’s influence their environment.
The eye-catching plants and flowers not only transform the top of dull office buildings but create habitats for birds and insects and are good for the environment.
Manhattan marvel: The first green roof the photographers visited, on top of Cook and Fox architects in New York.
Super skyline: Gardens cover the roofs of Stuttgart, Germany, where since 1989, municipal regulations have required all new flat-roof buildings to have them.
Green power: These vibrant flowers help keep this solar-powered house energy efficient.
Good for the heart: Greenery on a hospital roof overlooking the Rhine River.
Trees of life: The top of the hospital is one vast, soothing bed of plants.
How does your garden grow? Wildflowers above a terraced house in central London.
Grassy patch: These lawns look amazingly natural set amid the bright lights of Chicago’s skyscrapers at nighttime.
City in pink: Flowers and leaves brighten up the view on the top of Chicago’s City Hall.
Blooming wonderful: The Green Roof, The Muse, at architect Justin Beres’s home in Islington.
Purple haze: A meadow of wild flowers on a conference centre roof.
Photo credits: Diane Cook and Len Jenshel / Nat Geo Stock / Carters / Daily Mail
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- “Empty Home”: The Superb Dark, Surreal and Sci-Fi Artworks of Miko del Rosario
- Artist Creates Very Detailed Scary Images And The More You Look, The More Frightening They Become
- Artist Shows Us What Famous Characters Would Look Like In Real Life
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Heart-Warming Illustrations of True Love in All Its Beauty and Joy
- “Art of The Doodler”: Fyodor Dostoevsky Draws In His Manuscripts
- Playboy Model Sara Jean Underwood Dresses Up As Your Favorite Star Wars Characters
- Sexy Pictures Of ABBA’s Agnetha Faltskog Posed For Sweden’s Poster Magazine In 1976
- French Artist Adds Celebrities Into Classical Paintings
- The Future Imagined in Albert Robida’s “La vie électrique,” 1890