“What you lose as you age are witnesses, the ones that watched from early on and cared,” wrote John Updike.
But what if your existence is anchored constancy, where the watchers and watched over are rendered static, unchanging icons? Continue reading »
The artistic activity of Jorit is unique because he carries out graffiti and paintings on canvas at a very high technical level.He declares that his aim is to portray as close as possible to reality. This is possible only after a very thorough analysis and, subsequently, scrupulous reproduction with all kind of painting techniques.Together with this high technical level, Jorit sends an ethical message, has accompanied him since he started to paint. He considers the human face the most characterising part of humanity, almost like a totem to venerate. That is why he has concentrated on painting human faces with all their peculiarities. Continue reading »
It’s hard to believe but these are actually cake sculptures. BethAnn Goldberg is the creative cake master behind these hyper-realistic sculptures. The two-time gold medalist champion on the show “Challenge” and former NASA engineer uses her work experience and masters in engineering to creates these incredible works of edible art. She is the owner of Studio Cake, a custom-order bakery in Menlo Park, California. Continue reading »
Sarah Harvey‘s paintings tap into a deep connection that we have with water. Through an almost hyper-realist approach she captures the water’s hypnotic fluidity, along with the suggestion of unexplored depths that might lie beneath its surface. This sense of a mysterious element in constant flux is the perfect place for memories and emotions to be let loose, where they can become encrypted in colour and light. Sarah’s paintings are all about this process: about our emotional affinity with the unknown. Continue reading »
Take a look at fantastic and hyper realistic dolls by french artist Laurence Ruet. Each creation is an original. Details on the face and the limbs are painted with acrylic after cooking. All the clothes, shoes and “pets” are made by Laurence. From 450 to 1350 euros each and above. Continue reading »
Meet us to become a diploma program student! Apply for our international recruitment tour here!
Hyper Island recruitment tour 2008/2009 cover among others cities such as Los Angeles, Berlin, San Francisco, Barcelona, New York, Amsterdam and London. Together with students, some of the Hyper Island staff will tour world cities in order to meet up with creative people that are interested in becoming Hyper Island students for the fall 2009. Apply now!
- The Vintage Beauty Of Soviet Control Rooms
- Famous Classic Album Covers Mashed Up With Star Wars Characters
- Turkish Artist Hossein Diba Creates These Creepy Realistic Recreations Of “The Simpsons” Characters That Will Give You Nightmares
- Photographer Analyzes Brain Waves To Construct Portraits Of People’s Ideal Selves
- Artist Avner Geller Perfectly Illustrates Things He Has Accidentally Overheard
- We Regret To Inform You That Lace Men’s Shorts Are Here For The Summer
- This Facebook Group Is Dedicated To Recreating Terrible Amateur Art, Here Are The Weirdest Entries
- Metal Albums Look Much Less Scary With Googly Eyes
- Cats Are Not Lazy, They Have Many Important Jobs
- Amazing Vintage Photos Of The Grateful Dead’s Wall Of Sound, 1974