When a chubby Marlon Brando roared into town on a motorbike in ‘The Wild One’ he popularized the black leather jacket as a fashionable symbol of rebellion. Leather jackets may have been worn by bikers for protection, but they were quickly adopted by rock musicians (from Eddie Cochran, Gene Vincent, The Beatles to Elvis) as an endorsement of their outsider status. Continue reading »
The latest nugget of fun to enter your Instagram feed is the big-jacket meme.
Yesterday, for instance, dapper street style star Luka Sabbat was morphed into a jacket-wearing Stay Puft Marshmallow Man by @itsmaysmemes. The mysterious account resized Sabbat’s coats to be comically ginormous: A fleece piece was turned into a woolly mammoth–like topper, a standard slicked blue puffer became the size of a parked car in the background, and a tailored coat with Quasimodo-style shoulders reduced Sabbat’s handsome face to a tiny pinhead. Continue reading »
Talk of the apocalypse never goes out of style and we’ve just found the ultimate survival fashion. French designer Marie-Elsa Batteux Flahault has created a jumpsuit with the ‘Prepper’—someone who is actively preparing for the end of the world—in mind. And it’s not suited for one sole “end of the world as we know it” scenario. The jacket is fully equipped to defend against all variety of survivalist situation and elemental attack, from starvation and dehydration to water-based natural disasters and extreme temperatures. Continue reading »
- This House Is Currently Listed for $828K In Queens, NY Right Now
- Amazing Photographs Of Carrie Fisher On A Fire Escape In New York City, 1977
- David Bowie And His Ex-Wife Angie Taking Their Then 3-Week-Old Baby Zowie Out For A Walk In 1971
- Polish Designer Livia Clue Bringing Slavic Ethno Into Modern Fashion, It’s Great!
- Incredible Futuristic-Looking 1939 Duesenberg Coupe Simone Midnight Ghost
- Bodies Of Strange Creatures Were Found In The Basement Of An Old House In London
- Turkish Artist Abdullah Evindar Creates Fantastic Surreal Silhouette Photo Collages
- Why So Many Medieval Manuscripts Depict Butt Trumpets?
- “Wilhelm Brasse’ Mugshots”: Photographer Took Up To 50,000 Chilling Photos In Auschwitz For The Nazis During World War II
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers