Akomplice presents their Summer 2012 lookbook dubbed “Empty and Whole ”. Shot in the remote backdrop of Florianopolis, Brazil. The collection of photos are a visual portrayal of the human mind devoid of the memories that create: control, patterns, and fear. The outcome is freedom to be one with the moment. The ethos behind the collection, which extends to Akomplice as a brand is that one is not to be governed by the past but by the moment, free from the constraints of past triumphs or traumas. To add authenticity to the lookbook and the sentiment it connotes, it was stated that two of the members involved were coming down from an LSD trip.
Furthermore, Akomplice co-founder Mike Smalls had recently returned from 10 days in Abadiania, Brazil where he meditated for 5-10 hours daily. The models, male and female are wearing Akomplice Mens apparel including a range of woven shirts, lightweight jackets, twill patterned shorts, contrast t-shirts and tanks which are juxtaposed against the Brazilian sand dunes. Models were also outfitted in a collection of accessories including premium leather belts, 5 panel hats and card holders. The entire collection is now available at Akomplice retailers worldwide. Continue reading »
For the 2012 Summer lookbook, Akomplice co-founder Patrick Liberty set sail for South America to capture a background befitting of the collection. The setting was the Poblado section of Medellin, Colombia which reflects the raw thematic direction of the Summer line. The 2012 Summer offering from Akomplice is expressed by its unique material selections, and diverse offering of hats, contrast pocket tees, and button ups that naturally appeal to the skate, bike, and tattoo communities. Those cultures are precisely who was tapped into for the shoot.
With the help of the locally heralded streetwear and skate sanctuary, Poisen, Patrick assembled an authentic group of brand protagonists to document the lookbook over the course of 5 days. Shot by a local Colombian photographer and inspired by the disposition of the people of Medellin, the 2012 Summer lookbook captures the evolution of Akomplice. The lookbook puts the curated collection on display and depicts it in the germane environment of Medellin that has adopted Akomplice as its own. Continue reading »
Photographer E. Brady Robinson photographs the desks of art notables in Washington. The assorted objects and clutter, or lack thereof, speak volumes about the desks’ owners.
Photographer E. Brady Robinson sits at one of the two desks in her apartment. Robinson decided to take pictures of desks while wandering around the offices of the Cultural Development Corporation, which hired her to take staff photos for an annual report. (Bill O’Leary / The Washington Post) Continue reading »
- Someone Found An Old Photo Album Full Of Pics Of This Woman And Hollywood Celebrities In A Thrift Shop
- Bizarre Pictures Of The Beatles Cover Session For the Album “Yesterday And Today” In 1966
- This 19th-Century Tool Box Is Meticulously Designed To Hold 300 Tools
- Adorable Moment Baby Bear Cubs Grasp Paws and Dance Joyfully in a Circle
- Uninspirational Posters For People Who Hate Inspirational Posters
- Science Rends The Veil: The Mysterious Photo Collection Of Edward Bateman
- The Magnificent Cosplay Photography Of Paul Hillier
- Russian Photographer Xenie Zasetskaya Captures Very Exceptional Photo Portraits
- The Last Day For Tomorrow Future: Absolutely Amazing Digital Artworks Of Bryn Jones
- This Brutal Tank Monument Located In Russian Wilderness, Reminds Abandoned Alien Spaceship