In the province of Quebec, Canada, most residential leases come to an end on the very same day. As a result, over 100K households pack their belongings and move into their new homes on what Quebecers refer to as ‘Moving Day’. Continue reading »
There was once a time when San Francisco’s Victorian architecture was not as highly respected and esteemed as it is today. In the mid-1970s the San Francisco Redevelopment Agency stopped the wholesale destruction of venerable Victorian buildings. Instead, they picked them up and moved them around the neighborhood. Continue reading »
Quebecker photographer Red Méthot, aka RedM has created a series of moving portraits of premature children, paralleling newborns and what they have become. By photographing these children holding in their hands a picture taken at the time of their birth, RedM illustrates in a single image the strength and the road traveled by these people who often had a difficult journey in early life. Continue reading »
Hoppa, a four-year-old mixed breed dog born without front legs, uses a prosthetic device to walk outside in the central Israeli city of Tel Aviv February 28, 2010. The device was invented especially for Hoppa by a animal-loving art student, who hopes his wheeling device will improve the lives of pets born with abnormalities or with amputated limbs. (Amir Cohen/Reuters) Continue reading »
A combination picture shows (top) the figures of Soviet soldiers at the base of the Soviet Army monument, painted by an unknown artist, in Sofia on June 17 and a member of the Bulgarian Socialist Party’s youth organisation cleaning the same figures of the monument February 18, 2010. The figures have been painted to resemble U.S. comic book heroes and characters from popular culture like Santa Claus and Ronald McDonald, the mascot of fast-food chain giant McDonald’s. The inscription below them reads: “Moving with the times”. Stoyan Nenov / Reuters. Click to zoom.
- Wonderland Abandoned: The Swift Fall of “Europe’s Biggest Theme Park”
- This Brilliant Dad Shoots Classic Pictures Of His Daughter Inspired From Old Oil-Paintings
- Spectacular Winning Photos of The Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2021
- Finally, The 2022 Fat Cat Art Calendar Is Here!
- These Illustrations Show What’s Wrong With The Modern Society
- Portraits of Swiss “Halbstarken” Girls With Very Big Hair in the 1950s and 1960s
- Finally, “Squid Game” Costumes For Your Pets
- Painfully True Facts About Our Lives
- The Story Behind John Lennon’s Psychedelic Rolls-Royce Phantom V
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s