Fantastic shots of urbex places around Germany by Markus Ecke Wie Kante, talented self-taught photographer, adventurer and urban explorer based in Berlin, Germany. Markus focuses on abandoned photography. He travels all over Europe to capture impressive urbex places. Continue reading »
Virgin Trains has launched an innovative swim cap for bearded men – the Beard Cap – which will be trialled with customers competing at the Great North Swim, Lake Windermere, June 12 – 14, 2015. The unique Lycra prototype extends down to wrap under the chin and packs the beard against the face to decrease drag whilst swimming. It’s reusable, adjustable and perfect for keeping bushy beards under control.
Responding to debates on swimming forums about big beards causing drag, the rail operator and official train partner to the Great North Swim commissioned its own research*. The findings revealed that over one in ten men (12 per cent) connected their beard to slower swim times, and nearly a quarter of men feel their beards hinder their sports performance. This could be because beards are an irritant for some sporting men (11 per cent), a source of discomfort for others (32 per cent) and a distraction for even more (42 per cent).
Continue reading »
Halloween arrived early in a French city today as zombies took over streets for an annual zombie walk. Fully grown adults lapped on fake blood and talcum powder before marching through the city of Strasbourg in Eastern France for the fourth zombie walk in the city. The march signals the opening of the European Fantastic Film Festival, which presents horror, fantasy, science fiction, thriller and animation movies, until September 22. Photos: AFP. Continue reading »
- This Instagram Account Reveals Scenes From Famous Movies With And Without Special Effects
- Stunning Vintage Photos Show The Beauty Of African-American Women From Between 1920s And 1940s
- Splendid Vintage Snaps Of Young Girls With Very Big Hair In The 1980s
- An Artist Imagines If Popular Sodas Were Cartoon Character
- Husband Illustrated Every Single Day He Spent With His Beloved Wife In 365 Drawings
- Bizarre Paintings Of Mecha Robots And Werewolves Attacking East European Peasants Of The Early 20th Century
- University Professor Has Redesigned The Zweibrück Observatory In Germany Into R2-D2
- Remarkable Tubular Glass House Built Around Tree
- What Peaceful Borders Between European Countries Look Like
- This Artist Turns Old Pocket Watches Into Miniature Steampunk Worlds, And The Result Is Fascinating