Two grizzly bears fighting, a group of bison plowing through a field of snow and the stars lighting a hiking trail are among the pictures selected as the 20 finalists in a photography competition showcasing images from US national parks. All 20 images were the winners of the first ever annual Nature’s best Photography National Parks Photo competition and were the top 20 placed images chosen from more than 3,000 entries.
‘Grizzly Bears’: This stunning photo by Thomas Vijayan shows the brutality of nature as two grizzly bears duel in Katmai National Park, Alaska. Continue reading »
Graphic artist Amber Share has heard your cries of boredom and used them as inspiration to create brand new tourism ads for America’s National Parks. Here are a few of her posters that are sure to make anyone comfortable settling on a staycation instead of camping this year. Continue reading »
The UK National Parks and Campaign for National Parks are delighted to announce the winner, runner up and shortlisted entrants for our joint photography competition underscoring the importance of nature in our national parks.
The competition, around the theme of ‘inspired by nature’, drew about 1,700 entries via social media. Outstanding wildlife shots, landscapes and portraits from across the 15 national parks in the UK blew away the judges.
The dramatic winning shot from Peter Stevens depicts a rare osprey swooping in on its prey in the Cairngorms national park.
Winner. Breakfast to take away, Cairngorms national park, by Peter Stevens: “This image was taken at Gordon MacLeod’s osprey hide in Aviemore, about 6am in July 2019. The local ospreys take fish from the loch to feed their young, before the long journey back to Africa at the end of the summer”. (Photo by Peter Stevens/2020 UK National Parks Photography Competition) Continue reading »
- “Bikes, Broads, Beer, and Boogie”: The Great Collection of Biker Magazines from the 1980s
- Very Sharply Defined Rare White Curtain Auroras Seen Over Finland
- The 3D Artist Inward Brings To Light Sublime Cyberpunk Worlds
- The Cars That Money Can’t Buy: 1953-1955 Alfa Romeo B.A.T. Concepts
- Photographer Captures The Unique And Amazing People Of The New York Subway
- “Selfish Pigs” Cartoons Show Annoying Things People Do
- Playful Pictures of Marilyn Monroe Having Breakfast in Bed, 1953
- The Dark Pen and Ink Drawings of Richey Beckett
- 31 Stunning Black And White Photos Of Europe In The Fifties Through A Soldier‘s Lens
- Fumetti: The Collection of Finest Examples of Sleazy Lowbrow Art the World Has Ever Known