Poetic, ethereal, naive and slightly fantastic, the Romanian photographer Michelle de Rose‘s universe make the magic happens at each shot. She wants to reveal the inner emotions through several striking portraits, sometimes even surrealistic, to offer romantic works able to touch its spectators. Continue reading »
The category winners have been announced in this year’s Outdoor Photographer of the Year competition. Now in its seventh year the competition offers a photographic insight into the landscapes, wildlife and nature of the planet, and the adventures to be found on it. The Overall Winner and Runner-Up – chosen from the category winners – will be announced live on stage at The Photography Show at the NEC, Birmingham on Saturday 17th March 2018
Wildlife Insight: Bence Máté (Hungary) – Red fox and white-tailed eagle, Kiskunság national park, Hungary. Over the last four winters I have spent more than 200 full days photographing from a hide, and in this time there have been only three occasions when I’ve seen a fox and an eagle together. In this instance, the fox didn’t approach the hide, but deliberately teased the birds resting on the ice. They occasionally flapped towards him, which emboldened the fox more and more – he continued to provoke the birds for about 10 minutes before vanishing into the reeds. (Photo by Bence Máté/The Outdoor Photographer of the Year/The Guardian) Continue reading »
If you compare some of the photographs which can be found on NASA’s website, you can really see how human beings have changed the appearance of our world over the years. The time difference between these images ranges from five to 100 years. Incredible stuff. Continue reading »
There’s nothing like sipping a glass of bubbly on board a flight to an exotic destination.
However, while most economy passengers will enjoy a drink cramped in their seats, for those who turned left as they boarded, it’s another story altogether. Many of the world’s top airline’s offer on-board bars, where, for a seat at a price, passengers can sit on comfy chairs at the bar or lazy on luxury sofas while having their favourite tipple delivered.
Fancy a drink? These airlines are offering some of the best bar service in the skies. Pictured: The Emirates Airbus A380 in-flight bar and lounge. (AFP/Getty Images)
Continue reading »
What do athletes eat? This is perhaps the commonest question asked about the fitness regimens of professional athletes. After all, who wouldn’t want the toned physiques of a Cristiano Ronaldo or a Michael Schumacher or a Usain Bolt?
Showcasing their diet regimen, a few Turkish Olympics athletes posed with their daily food intake in a unique photo shoot done recently in Ankara, the Turkish capital. The Olympic hopefuls who took part in the shoot included Taekwondo fighters Nur Tatar and Bahri Tanrikulu, weightlifter Mete Binay, 800-metre runner Merve Aydin, javelin thrower Fatih Avan and wrestler Elif Jale Yesilirmak.
Turkish javelin thrower and Olympic hopeful Fatih Avan poses in front of his daily meal intake in Ankara. (Reuters) Continue reading »
- Stunning Vintage Photos Show The Beauty Of African-American Women From Between 1920s And 1940s
- Bizarre Paintings Of Mecha Robots And Werewolves Attacking East European Peasants Of The Early 20th Century
- This Chick Is Called Alien Princess Redefining Beauty Standards
- That’s How Bored Bookstore Employees Entertain Themselves
- 30 Times People Accidentally Created Art
- “Deep, Dark And Dangerous”: Outstanding Fantasy, Sci-Fi & Comic Book Illustrations By David Palumbo
- Amazing Portraits Of Elspeth Beard, The First British Woman To Ride A Motorcycle Around The World
- A Shocking Campaign Uses Graphic Images To Point Out The Damage That Plastic Pollution Has On The Ocean’s Wildlife
- Abandoned Hotels In The Egyptian Desert May As Well Be On Another Planet
- Careful What You Ask For Because This Guy Is A Photoshop Troll Master