Poetic, ethereal, naive and slightly fantastic, the Romanian photographer Michelle de Rose‘s universe make the magic happens at each shot. She wants to reveal the inner emotions through several striking portraits, sometimes even surrealistic, to offer romantic works able to touch its spectators. Continue reading »
The category winners have been announced in this year’s Outdoor Photographer of the Year competition. Now in its seventh year the competition offers a photographic insight into the landscapes, wildlife and nature of the planet, and the adventures to be found on it. The Overall Winner and Runner-Up – chosen from the category winners – will be announced live on stage at The Photography Show at the NEC, Birmingham on Saturday 17th March 2018
Wildlife Insight: Bence Máté (Hungary) – Red fox and white-tailed eagle, Kiskunság national park, Hungary. Over the last four winters I have spent more than 200 full days photographing from a hide, and in this time there have been only three occasions when I’ve seen a fox and an eagle together. In this instance, the fox didn’t approach the hide, but deliberately teased the birds resting on the ice. They occasionally flapped towards him, which emboldened the fox more and more – he continued to provoke the birds for about 10 minutes before vanishing into the reeds. (Photo by Bence Máté/The Outdoor Photographer of the Year/The Guardian) Continue reading »
If you compare some of the photographs which can be found on NASA’s website, you can really see how human beings have changed the appearance of our world over the years. The time difference between these images ranges from five to 100 years. Incredible stuff. Continue reading »
There’s nothing like sipping a glass of bubbly on board a flight to an exotic destination.
However, while most economy passengers will enjoy a drink cramped in their seats, for those who turned left as they boarded, it’s another story altogether. Many of the world’s top airline’s offer on-board bars, where, for a seat at a price, passengers can sit on comfy chairs at the bar or lazy on luxury sofas while having their favourite tipple delivered.
Fancy a drink? These airlines are offering some of the best bar service in the skies. Pictured: The Emirates Airbus A380 in-flight bar and lounge. (AFP/Getty Images)
Continue reading »
What do athletes eat? This is perhaps the commonest question asked about the fitness regimens of professional athletes. After all, who wouldn’t want the toned physiques of a Cristiano Ronaldo or a Michael Schumacher or a Usain Bolt?
Showcasing their diet regimen, a few Turkish Olympics athletes posed with their daily food intake in a unique photo shoot done recently in Ankara, the Turkish capital. The Olympic hopefuls who took part in the shoot included Taekwondo fighters Nur Tatar and Bahri Tanrikulu, weightlifter Mete Binay, 800-metre runner Merve Aydin, javelin thrower Fatih Avan and wrestler Elif Jale Yesilirmak.
Turkish javelin thrower and Olympic hopeful Fatih Avan poses in front of his daily meal intake in Ankara. (Reuters) Continue reading »
- Zdzisław Beksiński: Terrifying Visions Of Hell By Murdered Polish Painter
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- Guy Discovers He Can Go Anywhere While Wearing A Hi-Vis Vest
- Vintage Yugoslavian Computer Magazine Cover Girls Of The 1980s-90s
- Russian Clubs: Moscow Nightlife In Spectacular Photos By Nikita Shokhov
- Stunning Vintage Photos Show The Beauty Of African-American Women From Between 1920s And 1940s
- Guy Sucks At Photoshop, Spends 10 Years Mastering Microsoft Paint To Illustrate His Book
- The Vintage Beauty Of Soviet Control Rooms
- When Hijab Was Not In Force, Vintage Photographs Show How Iranian Women Dressed In The 1960s And 1970s
- A Collection Of 75 Worst Album Covers Ever. Probably.