Textile artist Alexandra Kehayoglou creates natural landscapes of her native Argentina. Her chosen locations are often ones attached to political controversies, such as the Santa Cruz River, or regions dramatically altered by human action, like the Raggio creek. Kehayoglou uses her craft for a chance as a call for environmental consciousness, embedding her memory and explore of the disappearing waterways and grasslands to her hand-tufted works. Continue reading »
Kiev-based workshop ‘OLK manufactory’ has created a series of traditional Ukrainian rugs that you’ll want to collect – or catch, rather. The rugs feature colours and geometric shapes alongside images of pop culture characters such as Pikachu, Yoda, and Homer Simpson. If you look closely, you can even see Poké Balls woven into mesmerising patterns. Continue reading »
- Honest Portraits: Unvarnished Russia In Emotional Black & White Photographs By Oleg Videnin
- Rare Photos Of Hachiko, The World’s Most Loyal Dog
- Stunning Photographs From The Inside Of Russia’s Largest Bitcoin Mine
- Photographer Joseph Philippe Bevillard Captured The Secret Lives Of Irish Travellers Revealed In Intimate Portraits
- Japan’s First Female Photojournalist Is Still Shooting At The Age Of 101
- Why So Many Medieval Manuscripts Depict Violent Rabbits?
- Meanwhile In “Paris Fashion Week”… Have Fashion Designers Gone Insane?
- This Instagram Account Collects The Worst Interior Designs Ideas
- 20 Strange & Unusual Pics From The Early 20th Century That You May No Longer See Today
- Manchester Girls: Photographs That Celebrate Northern Women, Their Strength And Their Style