Jeremy Cowart is a talented photographer, artist, filmmaker, entrepreneur and a humanitarian based in Nashville, TN, USA. For his series “Voices of Gatlinburg”, Jeremy and his crew spent a week shooting aerial drone portraits of the victims of forest fires posing in the ruins of their homes. Massive fire in November 2016, devastated the forests of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, destroying more than 2,000 houses in the city of Gatlinburg, and killing 14 people. Continue reading »
Only the most intrepid urban explorers cross the tattered ruins of the old iron curtain to endure the excessive bureaucracy, military paranoia and freezing winds of the East to hunt for the ghosts of an empire.
Rebecca Litchfield is one who couldn’t resist the haunting allure of the ruins of the Soviet Union. Time and again she risked radiation exposure, experienced arrest and interrogation, and was accused of espionage while collecting the stunning photography in Soviet Ghosts. Join her on an adventure through the ruins of soviet bloc, never before seen by western eyes.
The emotional affect of this poetic collection will keep you coming back for more, while a series of expert articles offer in-depth analysis of the historical context. Contemplate the uncanny and disturbing emotional power of the imagery. Discover the story of the rise and fall of the USSR, the empire whose ghost continues to haunt Europe even today…
Hungary, MAV 424 Steam Train. Continue reading »
- Italian Graphic Designer Emanuele Abrate Perfectly Fixes The ‘World’s Worst Logos’
- Incredible Futuristic-Looking 1939 Duesenberg Coupe Simone Midnight Ghost
- Artist Illustrates Everyday Life To Compare Chinese And Western Culture
- Portrait Series Of Immigrants Restages And Signifies The Importance Of African Settlers In Europe Throughout History And Present Day
- Strange Things Behind Belgian Windows
- Meet Amina Ependieva – A Chechen Girl Who Is Admired For Her Unusual Beauty
- Malls In Thailand Replace Lift Buttons With Foot Pedals To Contain Coronavirus Spread
- Colorado-Based Artist Stefanie Hook Makes Harry Potter Face Masks That Reveal The Marauder’s Map When You Breathe
- Incredible Hyperrealistic Pencil Drawings By Jésus Moròn
- “In A Parallel Universe”: Artist Exposes Sexism By Switching Up Gender Roles In Old-School Ads