According to statistics, 358 bee species live in the Netherlands. Unfortunately, more than half of them are already endangered and put on the Dutch Red List (RL). The Netherlands’ officials recognized the growing problem and found an ingenious solution – to transform the city of Utrecht’s bus stops into bee-friendly havens to support pollinating populations. Continue reading »
For the series ‘It Must Be Beautiful’, photographer Alexandra Soldatova captures colorful painted bus stops across Belarus. In an interview, Soldatova explains that since the 1980s, various unknown artists painted over the walls of the bus stops to beautify reality. Additionally, the motifs differ depending on the region, for instance, flowers appear around the eastern town of Orsha, while landscapes are mostly featured along the southern road of Zitkovich Turov. Continue reading »
- Photographer Asked 16 Artists To Draw His Portrait Photos In Their Own Style, And The Result Is Fabulous!
- Artist Creates Realistic Life-Sized Female Sculptures Inspired By The Graceful Beauty Of Renaissance Art
- 1939 Pontiac Plexiglas “Ghost Car”: The First Full-Sized “See-Thru” Car Ever Made In America
- This Teen Spent 400 Hours Creating A COVID-Themed Prom Dress Using Duct Tape
- Vintage Photographs Of People Posing With Job Hunting Signs On The Streets During The Great Depression
- “Porn Fashions”: Obscenely Tasteless Apparel From 1980s Adult Magazines
- Maggie Out: Striking And Depressive Photographs Captured Everyday Life In Glasgow In 1980
- Amazing Portraits Of Louis Coulon And His 11-Foot Beard As A Nest For His Cats
- Why So Many Medieval Manuscripts Depict Butt Trumpets?
- Artist Imagines Famous Cartoon Characters With Human Bodies And The Result Is Bizarre