37.4 degrees is the limit temperature with which you are officially declared “healthy”. At 37.5 ° you enter the anti-Covid-19 control field (you cannot enter the workplace and in all those places where the temperature control at the entrance is in force). This is our life in these strange days and looking at the world with new eyes seems to be an obligatory path, to be taken with decision, not so much as a defense from the invisible (for that there are norms and common sense), but for understand our time. Continue reading »
A winter chill has descended upon Lake Michigan, giving the St. Joseph lighthouse an otherworldly appearance, as ice clings to every inch of its surface. Photographer Joshua Nowicki and the Great Lakes Drone Company each braved the weather to get some incredible footage of the icy lighthouse. The structure was constructed in 1859 and was recently restored after $2 million in private donations were raised. Continue reading »
Taking advantage of the plummeting winter temperatures and armed with a thermos of hot tea, Ontario-based photographer Michael Davies and his friend Markus set out to capture some dramatic photographs. Trekking to the top of a mountain located just 20 kilometers (12.4 miles) south of the Arctic Circle, the pair began throwing the leftover hot water into the air (which was a chilling -40°C) and photographing the liquid as it instantaneously froze before it even had a chance to hit the ground. Continue reading »
What’s there to do when temperatures top out in the negative teens? Well, you can stay inside dressed warmly with the heat on like a sane person. Or you can go outside with some hot water and throw it in the air. Judging from posts on Facebook, myriad Minnesotans have chosen the latter option.
Taking it to the next level, photographers Dan and Karin Berdal connected their hose to a spigot in their basement so that they could see more than a single mug’s worth of water freezing midair. They turned the water on hot and sprayed it into the -20 degree air, shooting awesome little ice comets with steam tails all over the backyard and capturing it with their camera… Continue reading »
Two paddle boarders walk their bikes at Venice Beach, California on October 13 as a mini-heat wave hit southern California. Temperatures soared 20 degrees Fahrenheit over normal highs reaching into the nineties and hundreds in the region tying record temperatures. (Mike Nelson / EPA) Continue reading »
- Wonderland Abandoned: The Swift Fall of “Europe’s Biggest Theme Park”
- This Brilliant Dad Shoots Classic Pictures Of His Daughter Inspired From Old Oil-Paintings
- Spectacular Winning Photos of The Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2021
- Finally, The 2022 Fat Cat Art Calendar Is Here!
- These Illustrations Show What’s Wrong With The Modern Society
- Portraits of Swiss “Halbstarken” Girls With Very Big Hair in the 1950s and 1960s
- Painfully True Facts About Our Lives
- Finally, “Squid Game” Costumes For Your Pets
- The Story Behind John Lennon’s Psychedelic Rolls-Royce Phantom V
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s