Artist Re-Reading Damaged Images Of The Virgin Mary Transforming Them Into Icon Characters Of Pop Culture
The French artist Soasig Chamaillard has created a series of re-readings of the image of the Virgin Mary, in a very different way, she picks up damaged images and transforms them into pop culture characters. Barbie, astronaut, pregnant woman, super heroine, Hello Kitty and Super Mario were some of them. Continue reading »
Molly Choma of Portland, Oregon, has spent nearly a decade working as a flight attendant on Virgin America planes. In addition to her work in the skies, Choma is also a talented photographer. Her series The Secret Life of Virgins is a look at life in Virgin America flight crews. Continue reading »
“Virgin Galactic’s experimental spaceship broke apart in flight over California’s Mojave Desert after a device to slow the craft’s descent prematurely deployed, federal investigators said Sunday. National Transportation Safety Board Acting Chairman Christopher Hart said that while no cause for Friday’s crash of SpaceShipTwo has been determined, investigators found the “feathering” system – which rotates the tail to create drag – was activated before the craft reached the appropriate speed. The system requires a two-step process to deploy. The co-pilot unlocked the system but Hart said the second step occurred “without being commanded”. “What we know is that after it was unlocked, the feathers moved into the deploy position and two seconds later we saw disintegration” Hart said. The investigation is months from being completed and pilot error, mechanical failure, the design and whether there was pressure to continue testing are among many things being looked at, Hart said. “We are not edging toward anything, we’re not ruling anything out”, Hart said. “We are looking at all these issues to determine the root cause of this accident”.
Continue reading »
To match the red cabin crew uniforms, Virgin Atlantic is launching its first lip colour, the “Upper Class Red,” in collaboration with bareMinerals.
The debut of this lip shade will mark the launch of Virgin Atlantic’s redesigned Upper Class cabin. It will be sold exclusively at the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse Spa at Heathrow, Gatwick and New York JFK before it is made more widely available later this year at selected bareMinerals stockists. Apart from this, it will also be made available for pre-order on board Virgin Atlantic flights through the airline’s inflight shopping guide, Retail Therapy.
The female cabin crew will reportedly wear the shade onboard the A330 flight from London to New York, which features the inaugural Upper Class Cabin. Apart from this, passengers who have a hot ticket for that flight will also be presented a sample of the lipstick.
- This Illustrator Draws Everyday Situations That Are So Familiar It’s Like Looking in the Mirror
- 25 Redesigns Of Famous Logos And Some Of Them Are Better Than The Original
- Beautiful Photos of the Lincoln Continental Mark V
- “Tears in the Rain”: The Superb Digital Sci-Fi Concept Artworks by Daniel Liang
- Photographer Captures The Mystical Beauty of Czech Forests
- Fascinating Winning Photos Of the 2021 Siena International Photo Awards
- These Handmade 3D Cookie Frostings Will Blow Your Mind
- Beautiful Photos of Brigitte Bardot During the Filming of “Les Femmes,” 1969
- DEKOCHARI: The Youth of Japan Customise Their Pushbikes in Extreme Ways
- The Wining Images of The Female in Focus Photography Awards 2021