Artist Re-Reading Damaged Images Of The Virgin Mary Transforming Them Into Icon Characters Of Pop Culture
The French artist Soasig Chamaillard has created a series of re-readings of the image of the Virgin Mary, in a very different way, she picks up damaged images and transforms them into pop culture characters. Barbie, astronaut, pregnant woman, super heroine, Hello Kitty and Super Mario were some of them.
“Through the image of the holy virgin, I speak above all of women in today’s society, as I see it. As a woman, my questions led me to work on this sacred image that I respect. I only work on very damaged statues that I restore because the statues in perfect condition continue their mystical path.”- says the artist to the Bored Panda.
- How Far From Home: Couple of Adventure Hunters Share Breathtaking Shots Of Unique Places
- Before Facebook: This Is How We Used to Unfriend People Back Then
- Expressive Text Loops, Folds, And Ties Itself In Knots In 3D Murals By Pref
- Worst Christmas Album Covers Of All Time
- Bizarre And Creepy Vintage Christmas Cards From The Victorian Era
- Canadian Artist Draws Pictures That Are As Warm As A Cup Of Hot Chocolate
- Quirky And Daring: Best Soviet Concept Cars
- Man Spends $4,000 On Giant Statue To Give Town The Middle Finger – It’s Art, Officials Say
- The Russia You’ll Never See On Postcards Through The Lens Of Photographer Alexander Petrosyan
- Beautiful Feminine Photo Portraits By The Russian Fashion Photographer Svetlana Belyaeva