Artist Re-Reading Damaged Images Of The Virgin Mary Transforming Them Into Icon Characters Of Pop Culture
The French artist Soasig Chamaillard has created a series of re-readings of the image of the Virgin Mary, in a very different way, she picks up damaged images and transforms them into pop culture characters. Barbie, astronaut, pregnant woman, super heroine, Hello Kitty and Super Mario were some of them.
“Through the image of the holy virgin, I speak above all of women in today’s society, as I see it. As a woman, my questions led me to work on this sacred image that I respect. I only work on very damaged statues that I restore because the statues in perfect condition continue their mystical path.”- says the artist to the Bored Panda.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- 5 Year-Old Recreates Photos Of Iconic Women Every Day Of Black History Month
- Zdzisław Beksiński: Terrifying Visions Of Hell By Murdered Polish Painter
- A Photographer Travels Across India To Show How Beautiful And Diverse Local People Are, And We’re Mesmerized
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- Extreme Hipsters: People Who Took Hipsterism To A Whole New Level
- This Instagram Account Reveals Scenes From Famous Movies With And Without Special Effects
- Wide Seats And Plenty Of Legroom: These Old Pan Am Photos Show How Much Airline Travel Has Changed
- “Auto Polo”: The Ridiculously Dangerous Auto Sport Of The Early 1900s
- This Hidden Chilling Forest Path Looks Like A Trail To Mordor
- Hilariously Polite Protest Signs