Artist Re-Reading Damaged Images Of The Virgin Mary Transforming Them Into Icon Characters Of Pop Culture
The French artist Soasig Chamaillard has created a series of re-readings of the image of the Virgin Mary, in a very different way, she picks up damaged images and transforms them into pop culture characters. Barbie, astronaut, pregnant woman, super heroine, Hello Kitty and Super Mario were some of them.
“Through the image of the holy virgin, I speak above all of women in today’s society, as I see it. As a woman, my questions led me to work on this sacred image that I respect. I only work on very damaged statues that I restore because the statues in perfect condition continue their mystical path.”- says the artist to the Bored Panda.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Chameleons Will Hold Anything You Give Them, and They Look Like Tiny Old Men!
- Stunning Photos Of 2021 Natural Landscape Photography Awards
- This Artist Turns Sketches Into Amazing Digital Art
- People Are Hilariously Roasting ‘Target’ Fashion Designers By Taking These Pics Wearing Their Dresses
- Stunning Winning Photos Of Nature inFocus Photography Contest 2021
- Artist Carves Tiny Birds Under A Microscope To Make The Outside World Disappear
- Found Photos Show Fashion Styles of ’80s Young Women
- This Artist Creates Beautifully Bizarre Backpacks That Look Like Octopus, Spiders, And Beetles
- Artist Makes Caricatures That Capture Dogs’ Most Prominent Features
- Spectacular Winning Photos of The Environmental Photographer of the Year 2021