Artist Re-Reading Damaged Images Of The Virgin Mary Transforming Them Into Icon Characters Of Pop Culture
The French artist Soasig Chamaillard has created a series of re-readings of the image of the Virgin Mary, in a very different way, she picks up damaged images and transforms them into pop culture characters. Barbie, astronaut, pregnant woman, super heroine, Hello Kitty and Super Mario were some of them.
“Through the image of the holy virgin, I speak above all of women in today’s society, as I see it. As a woman, my questions led me to work on this sacred image that I respect. I only work on very damaged statues that I restore because the statues in perfect condition continue their mystical path.”- says the artist to the Bored Panda.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Forensic Artist Reconstructs Face From A Skull-Shaped Vodka Bottle
- Italian Artist Illustrates the Sad Truth of Modern Life
- Once You See These Rare Historical Photos, You’ll Never Forget Them
- Rare Photographs Reveal British Soldiers Manning Anti-Aircraft Guns in Full Drag in World War II
- Amazing Photographs Capture Punk Scenes in East Germany During the 1980s
- This Instagram Account Creates Sinister Parodies of Kid’s Cooks To Ruin Your Childhood Memories
- Valentin Pavageau, the Traveler of a Psychedelic Universe
- Italian Artist Proves Tattoos Look Good On More Than People’s Skin By Putting Them On His Sculptures
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- These Photos Will Blow Your Mind – Russia In The 90s Through The Lens With French Photographer Lise Sarfati