Artist Re-Reading Damaged Images Of The Virgin Mary Transforming Them Into Icon Characters Of Pop Culture
The French artist Soasig Chamaillard has created a series of re-readings of the image of the Virgin Mary, in a very different way, she picks up damaged images and transforms them into pop culture characters. Barbie, astronaut, pregnant woman, super heroine, Hello Kitty and Super Mario were some of them.
“Through the image of the holy virgin, I speak above all of women in today’s society, as I see it. As a woman, my questions led me to work on this sacred image that I respect. I only work on very damaged statues that I restore because the statues in perfect condition continue their mystical path.”- says the artist to the Bored Panda.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Playful Pictures of Marilyn Monroe Having Breakfast in Bed, 1953
- “Bikes, Broads, Beer, and Boogie”: The Great Collection of Biker Magazines from the 1980s
- Very Sharply Defined Rare White Curtain Auroras Seen Over Finland
- The 3D Artist Inward Brings To Light Sublime Cyberpunk Worlds
- The Cars That Money Can’t Buy: 1953-1955 Alfa Romeo B.A.T. Concepts
- Photographer Captures The Unique And Amazing People Of The New York Subway
- “Selfish Pigs” Cartoons Show Annoying Things People Do
- The Dark Pen and Ink Drawings of Richey Beckett
- 31 Stunning Black And White Photos Of Europe In The Fifties Through A Soldier‘s Lens
- Fumetti: The Collection of Finest Examples of Sleazy Lowbrow Art the World Has Ever Known