I’m Not a Look-alike!
‘I’m not a look-alike!’ is a project of canadian photographer François Brunelle to make 200 photos of couples of look-alikes ( doubles, doppelgangers ) around the world and to create an international exhibit and a book with them.
What is a look-alike? A look-alike, or double, or doppelganger is simply put a person whom other people think is another person. In a play written by the latin author Plauto there is such a character whose name is Sosia and that character is mimicked so well by the god Mercury that even Sosia himself is unsure of who is the real himself!
François Brunelle is fascinated by the ressemblance between look-alikes. It is not about looking like famous people. The project is about looking like other people. The fact that two persons, totally unrelated to each other, sometimes born in different countries, share the same physical appearance is really the essence of the project.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Spectacular Winning Images of The Nature Conservancy Photo Contest 2021
- Grotesque, Occult, and Bizarre Images by William Mortensen, the Forgotten Hollywood Photographer
- Photographer Captures The Mystical Beauty of Czech Forests
- This South Korean Artist’s Structural Drawings Will Help You Improve Your Drawing Skills
- DEKOCHARI: The Youth of Japan Customise Their Pushbikes in Extreme Ways
- Bublik – Circular Apartment Building In Moscow Is The Pinnacle Of Brutalism
- The Wining Images of The Female in Focus Photography Awards 2021
- “Captivate!”: Fashionable 90s in Amazing Nostalgic Photos
- This Illustrator Draws Everyday Situations That Are So Familiar It’s Like Looking in the Mirror
- 25 Redesigns Of Famous Logos And Some Of Them Are Better Than The Original