I’m Not a Look-alike!
‘I’m not a look-alike!’ is a project of canadian photographer François Brunelle to make 200 photos of couples of look-alikes ( doubles, doppelgangers ) around the world and to create an international exhibit and a book with them.
What is a look-alike? A look-alike, or double, or doppelganger is simply put a person whom other people think is another person. In a play written by the latin author Plauto there is such a character whose name is Sosia and that character is mimicked so well by the god Mercury that even Sosia himself is unsure of who is the real himself!
François Brunelle is fascinated by the ressemblance between look-alikes. It is not about looking like famous people. The project is about looking like other people. The fact that two persons, totally unrelated to each other, sometimes born in different countries, share the same physical appearance is really the essence of the project.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Photographer Titus Poplawski Captures Beautiful, Intimacy and Surreal Photos
- Funny And Relatable Simplistic Illustrations With Insightful Humor By Liana Finck
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Artist Used A.I. To See How Good It Would Be At Guessing What These Celebrities Looked Like As Teenagers
- Spectacular Winning Images of the International Portrait Photographer of the Year 2021
- Artist Takes A Critical Look At Modern Society And Calls Attention To Problems In Today’s World With His Thought-Provoking Illustrations
- “The Witches of Fabersham Forest”: The Dark Surrealism and Visual Mysteries of Noah Stacey
- The Impressive Surreal Body-Painted Illusions of Hikaru Cho
- “Namaha”: The Mythologic India In Stunning Illustrations By Abhishek Singh