6 Little Secrets To Help You Look Absolutely Perfect On Photographs
Strike a carefree pose
Photographs can capture any moment of time and save it forever. Perhaps that’s why everybody wants to look perfect on camera. It’s such a wonderful feeling when you look at old snaps of yourself and think, ’I look great here!’
We believe that everybody can look perfect on camera — you just need to know a few simple rules and stick to them. To help you, here’s a great visual guide from professional photographer Jodee Ball which reveals some of the most basic errors people make in photographs — and how to improve them to make sure you look great.
Above: Making an ’S’ shape with your body is a great pose which makes you look far more relaxed, as it has no ideal symmetry and helps you loose that wooden, soldier-like look. Also, it’s worth paying attention to your arms — it’s better to put only your thumbs in your pockets rather than your entire hand.
Turn your body away from the camera by about three quarters
If you want to look leaner on camera, you should avoid having straight shoulders, and instead turn your body away from the lens by about three quarters. In the second shot above, the model’s two hands are in view, on her hip area. These little tricks help to make your pose more graceful.
Be careful with your hands
Sometimes it’s a good idea to touch your face in a photograph. In this case, though, it’s very important not to turn your palm to face the camera. Instead, it should replicate the contours of your face.
Lower your shoulders
Lowering your shoulder at an angle will make your neck seem longer and give an overall more relaxed impression. Moreover, do not hide your hands. In the second image above, the model’s hands have been placed close to her elbows — this looks a lot better.
Bend your knee
If you’re being photographed from the side, don’t forget about adopting a pose in the shape of an ’S’. Just bend your knee a little and lower your shoulders. This will make you look both slimmer and more relaxed.
Tilt your head slightly
You will look better in pretty much every photograph provided you don’t stare straight at the camera, and turn your body slightly away from the lens. If you also tilt your head, it makes it look as though you are looking up at the camera from below. This is a simple trick which will work wonders for how well you photograph.
h/t: brightside, jpballphotography
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Woman Spends Up to 11 Hours Turning Herself Into the Most Stunning Optical Illusions
- Found Photos Show Fashion Styles of Young Women in the Late 1980s and Early ’90s
- The Finalists of The 2020 Comedy Pet Photography Awards Have Been Announced, and They’re Pretty Damn Funny!
- This Tattoo Artist Specializes in ‘Secret Tattoos’ on the Roof of the Mouth
- Cowboys and Indians: Incredible Western Paintings by Mark Maggiori
- Stunning Aerial Photos Shows Luxury Cruise Ships Being Broken Up At a Dock in Turkey
- Indian Photographer Recreates Realistic Miniature Brands on His Desktop
- This Instagram Account Points Out How Much Celebrity Faces Have Changed Over The Years
- Stuck In The Real World: Characters From Cartoons And Movies Placed In Real Photos
- This Is How Our Beautiful Planet Earth Looks from Above These Days of Global Pandemic