Jason deCaires Taylor is a specialist of ghost sculptures. Generally placed into a urban place, where they become a monument and a symbol of a city, sculptures are not done to be hidden. On the contrary, they are here to impress and to dominate the city landscape. Continue reading »
Artist Jason deCaires Taylor’s Museo Atlantico, off Lanzarote, is peopled with concrete casts of refugees and people taking selfies.
The Raft of Lampedusa, Jason deCaires Taylor’s modern-day concrete echo of Géricault’s The Raft of the Medusa. The work has particular significance given the huge movement of refugees across the sea to Europe – and the frequent fatalities that result. (Photo by Jason deCaires Taylor) Continue reading »
The International Council of Museums (ICOM) established International Museum Day in 1977 to encourage public awareness of the role of museums in the development of society. Traditionally, International Museum Day is organized around May 18. Here we highlight the most unusual museums around the world – from displays of toilets to the worst waxwork replicas.
This picture taken on Oct 3, 2012 shows sculptures put at the seabed off the coast of the West Indies and Mexico by British artist Jason deCaires Taylor. Taylor casts life-size statues from materials used to encourage reef growth and sinks them to the ocean floor. Continue reading »
- 20 Punk Bands Of The 1980s You’ve Never Heard Of
- Woman Continues To Hilariously Recreate Celebrity Instagram Photos, And The Result Is Better Than The Original
- Amazing Rare Photographs of The Romanovs’ Final Ball In Color, St Petersburg, Russia 1903
- “Creating a New Visual Reality”: Dark and Cinematic Illustrations by Katherine Lam
- Meet A Woman Who Keeps 500 Plants In Her Brooklyn Apartment
- The Most Controversial Ultrarealistic Art Sculptures By Patricia Piccinini
- “When God Comes Back”: Dark Brutal Macabre Illustrations by Ash Thorp
- Hilariously Bad Celebrity Portraits by Twitter Picasso
- Clever Tables That Create An Illusion Animals Are Emerging From Water
- Breathtaking Underwater Photography By André Musgrove