Jason deCaires Taylor is a specialist of ghost sculptures. Generally placed into a urban place, where they become a monument and a symbol of a city, sculptures are not done to be hidden. On the contrary, they are here to impress and to dominate the city landscape. Continue reading »
Artist Jason deCaires Taylor’s Museo Atlantico, off Lanzarote, is peopled with concrete casts of refugees and people taking selfies.
The Raft of Lampedusa, Jason deCaires Taylor’s modern-day concrete echo of Géricault’s The Raft of the Medusa. The work has particular significance given the huge movement of refugees across the sea to Europe – and the frequent fatalities that result. (Photo by Jason deCaires Taylor) Continue reading »
The International Council of Museums (ICOM) established International Museum Day in 1977 to encourage public awareness of the role of museums in the development of society. Traditionally, International Museum Day is organized around May 18. Here we highlight the most unusual museums around the world – from displays of toilets to the worst waxwork replicas.
This picture taken on Oct 3, 2012 shows sculptures put at the seabed off the coast of the West Indies and Mexico by British artist Jason deCaires Taylor. Taylor casts life-size statues from materials used to encourage reef growth and sinks them to the ocean floor. Continue reading »
- Beautiful Photos of the Lincoln Continental Mark V
- Beautiful Photos of Brigitte Bardot During the Filming of “Les Femmes,” 1969
- This Underwater Observatory in Lake Zug in Switzerland Looks Like a Real Life ‘Truman Show’ Door
- Mira Petrova’s Illustrations Will Make You Think About Your Waste
- Italian Artist Giulia Bernardelli Turns Spilled Coffee Into Art
- Richard Saunders Creates Giant Bushes In The Shape Of His Deceased Cat
- Artist Illustrated 30 Mermaids For Two Years And Here Is The Eerie Yet Whimsical Result
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- These Prank Stickers Will Make You The Most Hated Person In The Office
- “UAZ Bukhanka”: Russia’s Most Legendary Off-Road Vechicle for Bizarre Tuning