World’s Weirdest Museums You Cannot Imagine
The International Council of Museums (ICOM) established International Museum Day in 1977 to encourage public awareness of the role of museums in the development of society. Traditionally, International Museum Day is organized around May 18. Here we highlight the most unusual museums around the world – from displays of toilets to the worst waxwork replicas.
This picture taken on Oct 3, 2012 shows sculptures put at the seabed off the coast of the West Indies and Mexico by British artist Jason deCaires Taylor. Taylor casts life-size statues from materials used to encourage reef growth and sinks them to the ocean floor.
A visitor browses in the LA’s world famous Museum of Death, California, US, July 15, 2001.
Exhibits are displayed at the lavatory museum in Kiev, Ukraine, Nov, 20, 2007.
A window display of ”aliens” playing cards greets visitors in a store near the International UFO Museum and Research Center in Roswell. Many UFO enthusiasts believe an alien in a spaceship crash landed on a ranch near Roswell in 1947.
An original east German camouflage suitcase is on display at the new spy museum in Oberhausen, Germany, April 30, 2012. The exhibition “Top Secret” explains the work of secret services and shows unique original details from the Russian KGB, the CIA and the east German Stasi during the cold war.
Big golden brick models in the financial museum in Guangzhou, China.
Teddy Bear museum in Seoul, South Korea, June 25, 2013.
The mummy of a 60 year old Leningrad resident, who died while having breakfast and was discovered dead only a year after, is on display at the Thanatology Center of the Forensic pathology museum, St. Petersburg Mechnikov State Medical Academy, Russia, Feb 17, 2006.
Exhibition at Patek Philippe museum in Geneva, Switzerland, Jan 24, 2014.
The Worst Wax Museum reported on Jan 22, 2014 in Great Yarmouth, England, UK. The waxwork replicas are so bad the museum had to shut down last year.
A visitor views an exhibition at the Museum of Deat at Novy Arbat Street, Moscow, Russia, Feb 7, 2014.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Brazilian Artist Draws Realistic Portraits that Look Like Photographs
- Photographer Captures The Mystical Beauty of Czech Forests
- This Illustrator Draws Everyday Situations That Are So Familiar It’s Like Looking in the Mirror
- Beautiful Photos of the Lincoln Continental Mark V
- “Captivate!”: Fashionable 90s in Amazing Nostalgic Photos
- 25 Redesigns Of Famous Logos And Some Of Them Are Better Than The Original
- This Artist Started Micro Crocheting As An Experiment, And Now She Creates Tiny Animals And Plants Using Needle And Thread
- Fabulous Portraits By Ukrainian Photo Artist Irina Dzhul
- Pictures Taken At The Right Angle That Will Blow You Away
- “Under A Darkening Sky”: The Superb Sci-Fi Concept Art By J.C. Park