The Akomplice x Raekwon Pelican Belt is made of premium leather and comes in both black and brown. The Akomplice logo is embossed, and Raekwon’s name is laser etched onto the leather, giving two different looks to one belt. This belt is a true collector’s item, as it will only see a 25 piece production run. The collab comes complete in a wooden cigar box, which is homage to Rae’s Only Built 4 Cuban Linx series. The release drops at 1pm PST on June 1st. Continue reading »
Akomplice presents their Summer 2012 lookbook dubbed “Empty and Whole ”. Shot in the remote backdrop of Florianopolis, Brazil. The collection of photos are a visual portrayal of the human mind devoid of the memories that create: control, patterns, and fear. The outcome is freedom to be one with the moment. The ethos behind the collection, which extends to Akomplice as a brand is that one is not to be governed by the past but by the moment, free from the constraints of past triumphs or traumas. To add authenticity to the lookbook and the sentiment it connotes, it was stated that two of the members involved were coming down from an LSD trip.
Furthermore, Akomplice co-founder Mike Smalls had recently returned from 10 days in Abadiania, Brazil where he meditated for 5-10 hours daily. The models, male and female are wearing Akomplice Mens apparel including a range of woven shirts, lightweight jackets, twill patterned shorts, contrast t-shirts and tanks which are juxtaposed against the Brazilian sand dunes. Models were also outfitted in a collection of accessories including premium leather belts, 5 panel hats and card holders. The entire collection is now available at Akomplice retailers worldwide. Continue reading »
For the 2012 Summer lookbook, Akomplice co-founder Patrick Liberty set sail for South America to capture a background befitting of the collection. The setting was the Poblado section of Medellin, Colombia which reflects the raw thematic direction of the Summer line. The 2012 Summer offering from Akomplice is expressed by its unique material selections, and diverse offering of hats, contrast pocket tees, and button ups that naturally appeal to the skate, bike, and tattoo communities. Those cultures are precisely who was tapped into for the shoot.
With the help of the locally heralded streetwear and skate sanctuary, Poisen, Patrick assembled an authentic group of brand protagonists to document the lookbook over the course of 5 days. Shot by a local Colombian photographer and inspired by the disposition of the people of Medellin, the 2012 Summer lookbook captures the evolution of Akomplice. The lookbook puts the curated collection on display and depicts it in the germane environment of Medellin that has adopted Akomplice as its own. Continue reading »
- Parked Cars Under Streetlamps In 1970s New York City
- This Retired Cabinet Maker Goes Viral For Making Broken And Weird Furniture That Belongs In Disney Movies
- The Superb Bizarre AR Artworks By Nikita Replyanski, A Technological Artist And Cyber Fashion Designer
- Amazing Vintage Photos Of Portuguese Women From The Azores Islands In Their Tradition Hooded Capes
- Vintage Photos Of People Wearing Masks During The 1918 Influenza Pandemic, One Of The Deadliest Natural Disasters In Human History
- The Everyday Struggles Of All Plus-Size Women Depicted By The Artist Gabriele Pennacchioli
- Amazing Vintage Photos That Show How Life Before AutoCAD Looked Like
- The Lost Corvettes: 36 Chevrolet Corvettes From NYC Barn Find To Be Raffled In Charity Sweepstakes
- Biochemist Elzbieta Kurowska Creates Stunning Liquid Biomorphic Structures
- Inside A 1947 Boeing 377 Stratocruiser, The Largest And Fastest Aircraft In Commercial Service