The Rotor is an amusement park ride, designed and patented by German engineer Ernst Hoffmeister in 1948. The ride was first demonstrated at Oktoberfest 1949, and was exhibited at fairs and events throughout Europe, during the 1950s and 1960s. The ride still appears in numerous amusement parks, although traveling variants have been surpassed by the Gravitron. Continue reading »
This isn’t your average amusement park, not by a long shot. The Salina Turda Durgău is located an incredible 368 feet underground in Transylvania. Continue reading »
Tired of waiting in lines at amusement parks? So was Steve Dobbs of Fullerton, California. More than that, though, the loving grandfather wanted his grandchildren to have a reason to come over to his house and spend time with him. Living so close to the Happiest Place on Earth in Anaheim, he could feel the pressure building that somehow, he needed to outdo Disneyland’s magical allure. Dobbs told the OC Register that “Disneyland is tough to compete with,” but he wasn’t going to give up. Continue reading »
An Italian has created his very own theme park – built in his spare time over 40 years in the woods near his restaurant. The restauranteur, known only as Bruno, has hand-built the amusement park filled with swings, seesaws, a ferris wheel and even a roller coaster, in Montello, northern Italy.
Bruno started in 1969 shortly after setting up grill restaurant Ai Pioppi in northern Italy. He was looking for hooks to join chairs together in his restaurant when a local welder suggest he do the work himself. Since then, as well as building his restaurant to seat 500 people, he has also built increasingly bigger rides as part of his nearby hand-made amusement park.
- Beautiful Photos of Jane Birkin at Home Taken by Jean-Claude Deutsch in 1971
- French Artist Creates Illustrations That Challenge Society’s Standards For Women
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- This Elderly German Couple Steals The Show Every Time They Go Out
- Photographer Captures Couples Who Switch Outfits, and the Results Are Hilarious
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Space Colony Art from the 1970s
- “Suburbia”: The Melancholic and Mythological Artworks by Carlos Barahona Possollo
- Artist Illustrates The Sad Reality Of Animal Cruelty And Shows How Factory Farming Harms Our Planet
- These Colourised Photographs Show How People Took Shelter in The London Underground in The 1940s